baby farts

NIfirsttimer

Proud mum, new wife & WTT
Reaction score
lol sorry for the vulgar title!

Roo is primarily BF but for the last few weeks she has been getting some formula occasionally. (aptamil cartons) She used to do a number 2 several times a day, now its only once and although it seems a big struggle to get it out, its VERY runny and stinks to high heaven! Her farts are also REALLy bad... like bad enough to warrant a nappy change as they smell so bad its hard to believe its only gas! is this normal or a sign that somethings not quite right? she is 7 weeks today

my baby girl farts loads but they only smell now and again. her poo smells a bit but isnt runny. shes on cow and gate.

runny is normal for bfing and smelly is normal for ff. When I was doing the combination feeding I got the same thing and my Ped told me that's normal for combination.

The big farts?... that's just normal for babies. They can fart better than any guy :rofl:

Caine farts loads, even in his sleep like his daddy :rofl:

Ruby farts so loudly OH can now blame her for his!

The poo thing sounds normal btw...

Oh them farts...lol
They would put a grown man to shame :rofl:
x

Going by what the nurses at the neonatal says about Pre-aptilmil vs breast milk - the aptimil does give the nappies a rotten smell and colour :rofl:

kyles where like that when he was having EBM and formula "aptimal" and omg the farts lol i some times turn to OH and ask if it was him lol

Maisie farts LOADS and has done since she was born, and i always used get myself prepared for a dirty poopy nappy to find it was just a fart!!

Alex farts like a bloke then looks as though to say where did that come from?? :rofl: they normally only smell if he is due a dirty nappy (every day and a half now) hes on c+g

Lmao Kaleb is ALWAYS farting even in his sleep and doesnt even have to make any effort to let rip and OMG he stinks soooooooo bad!! xxx

Yeah our babies can really let them rip! My hubby has accused me of eating rotten eggs to make my breastmilk give Gabriel such stinkiness

Elyse had very bad, loud gas for the first few weeks but it has gotten better as time has gone by, since around 3 months it's been down to only a couple loud ripper farts a day.. I think the smelly gas/less poos per day is a formula thing :) Elyse poos 1-2 times per day, but when she was younger sometimes only one every 2 days. She still tricks me though, I think she's pooped and it's just gas. And we definitely have the problem where I'm not sure if it's OH or Elyse that's farted, I have to ask, then I'm not sure if I believe OH when he says no all the time. I sure hope he doesn't blame his toots on Elyse!!

Aisling is exclusively bf and dear god, her farts are unbelievable! I too have gone to change her nappy only to realise it was just a fart! As for the poos, she goes much less now than during the first few weeks and the smell is more intense - it all sounds normal for bfing and ffing hon :hugs:

I'm so pleased I found this post, I was beginning to worry about Grace's bowels, she's gone from 6 poos a day to just 1 and farts like a brickie! It's quite funny to see her stretch and let rip at the same time! She EBF but they still stink! I've been reassured by this thread, thanks!

OMG I am LMAO at this thread - JJ farts like crazy - how can someone soooo cute make such a revolting smell:sick: his farts are almost (but not quite!!) as bad as the dogs farts lol

I'm so pleased I found this post, I was beginning to worry about Grace's bowels, she's gone from 6 poos a day to just 1 and farts like a brickie! It's quite funny to see her stretch and let rip at the same time! She EBF but they still stink! I've been reassured by this thread, thanks!

that is EXACTLY ruby to a tee!!!!

that is EXACTLY ruby to a tee!!!!

hahahah this thread is great.. I was wondering the same thing last night if all babies are like that.. last night i was putting callie to bed.. and it always ends in a Kiss on the lips and an *I love you baby*.. while i put her down.. well I did that and As a response to that she stretched out stuck her lil ass out like they do when the stretch and NO WORD of a lie.. farted the whole way down to her crib right in my face as im bendin over to put her in...
Thanks alot baby.. boy did it stink lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->