• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Baby fever is here!

tkeith8109

Reaction score
So, I went to my husband back in March about wanting to have another baby. He said that we needed to get some stuff paid off before it was an option, which I agreed. We really want to buy a house so this is really a must. Since then I have been all about not having more kids. I told him I didn't want anymore and he was more than fine with that. However, here we are in September and now my baby fever is back. We talked a little about it and he said that if we had a house it would be more of an option. Right now we have so many things we want to accomplish that throwing a new baby into it would make meeting our goals really hard. I 100% agree with him. I even say the same thing. My question to others is how do you prioritize a house, a new car, and a baby? Paying stuff off for the house and car will take a couple of years, so do we wait or grow our family 1 last time and put off the house a little longer? Also, how do you know if you want a baby or if you like the idea of a baby? I feel like if I am questioning it then we are not done. However, other opinions would be appreciated.

Cannot say. But if I were you, my priority would be a baby. Because there are people who keep trying and are not blessed with a baby.

I agree with the above poster. A baby would come first although you do need to make sure your financially stable. The reason I say this is because some ladies put off trying for a baby for other reason like career, house, car etc and then when the time comes to try they are a lot older and fertility in women declines the older they get. Which could make it difficult ttc later on. Xx

I'd disagree with the above posters and say maybe put it off, but for a couple reasons.

One, you should be sure you want to add to the family. I'd suggest spending time with friends who have a little baby and children to find out that answer. Hopefully seeing (again) how much work a baby can be will help you figure out if it's a bigger family you desire or just a cuddly baby. Once you've figured that out, move on to finances.

Whereabouts are you? Do you work? If you live in the US and work, you may find it a lot easier to manage maternity while still living in an apartment. Possibly it'd help to have most of your down payment in order before you leave depending on how far you have to go.

Thirdly, how old are you? Are you risking your fertility by waiting? How much age difference is ideal for your family? If you end up stuck doing fertility treatments because you waited into your late 30s, you might regret it later, financially.

I don't know what to say about which order priority you should be considering .

But I can comment on the fact that I am also going back and forth with the idea of having 3 or not !

I think I do... Pretty sure I do but then I do have days when I think maybe we should stick with the 2 we have . I guess those reasons are mostly practical - it's Obv easier not having a third !

But then I alway come back to the idea of having another in the end which makes me think that it's what o do really want . I know that despite some practicalities being more complex with 3 - I'm never going to regret having another darling child . But of course I might regret not having one !

There are many people that know 100% when they are done , and many of my friends feel that way with 2 children so makes me think I'm just not done ! I will 100% stop at 3 though as I don't feel I'm game for a life with 4 children ! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"