baby fever waxes and wanes?

FionaJean

Reaction score
Anybody else's baby fever wax and wane? Or does it stay pretty consistent for you? Mine definitely disappears at times, in fact it just did for several months prior... I guess it's a good coping mechanism to have as I knew that my husband wasn't ready so it was too painful to let myself obsess anymore. I was able to put it out of my mind.

But now it's back at full force! And before it disappeared I was a baby fever nut as well. Researched everything, would pick out what products I would get, would think about what to do at what age. Like basically prepare as if I were pregnant, without actually buying anything. Now after it lay dormant, all that information is flooding back to me... I can't think of anything else now! Ugh, how long will it stay this time?? Or even better, maybe it will be cured by an actual baby (a girls gotta hope, right?!) I feel like the most prepared person ever, it's kind of sad! haha.

I've got everything prepared just no baby haha I know the products I want etc. when are you hoping to ttc?

I've thought about a lot of it yeh! But it's exciting so it's ok too!!

I've been ok for last few weeks re feeling the crazy urge. But after a double announcement of people I know being pregnant this weekend I now just want it so badly!

But but we have to wait.. Engagement, finance and new job so :) X

I haven't baby fever for a while now. It's been almost two weeks I think which is a bit different because before I had it every few days.

So far mine has come in droves and then passes, sometimes I doubt whether we should have another baby. This will be our third but the want comes back quickly. I think my doubts are mostly fears and what ifs. Sometimes I can go days without thinking about it but these days I'd rather spend my evenings on here, trailing baby sites, watching reruns of OBEM and reading birth stories. And then there are weeks where I can't be bothered to do much of anything to do with babies.

Sort of waxes and wanes throughout my school semesters, but over winter and summer breaks when the stress is off, I'm all, "Woohoo! Let's make a baby!" I'm especially like that now considering we only have a few wks to go. :)

Yeah, definitely. There are times when I don't think about a baby at all, and others when I can't stop thinking about it. Just so happens, I have been feeling depressed lately and my mum asked if baby fever was the reason, and offered to help me find a sperm donor (I don't know if she was serious or not - due to my learning disabilities she's very against me having a baby). Thanks, Ma! Now it's all I think about, now I'm even more depressed. God's sakes.

yes yes yes... when my kids are behaving and not fighting with each other, i desperately want to start working on the next one.

but there are times when they are sick or not sleeping at night then I don't want to deal with yet another one...

I am trying to wait until September and then see what I want to do. that would give me at least 3 years age gap between my youngest and the potential new baby

I've been nuts about having number two but now that i am getting my iud removed next week i feel scared and like i might start hyperventilating.. not sure if thats a good thing lol

Both sets of parents live in different countries and so do our siblings.. So when we're surrounded by family on rare visits, I really feel the urge to start our own family and retain that feeling of warmth. But sometimes when it's just me and DH alone together, I think it's just nice I don't want anything to change that. I guess my baby fever comes and goes every few hours lol.

I've been nuts about having number two but now that i am getting my iud removed next week i feel scared and like i might start hyperventilating.. not sure if thats a good thing lol

What does an IUD do?

i guess I should clarify, I think of baby fever as severe obsession, so even when I don't have the fever my want for a baby doesn't go away, my life just isn't consumed by it. I want a baby 100% of the time the last couple years, but for my sanity it's good that the "fever" subsides for periods of time! Glad I'm not alone though!

i guess I should clarify, I think of baby fever as severe obsession, so even when I don't have the fever my want for a baby doesn't go away, my life just isn't consumed by it. I want a baby 100% of the time the last couple years, but for my sanity it's good that the "fever" subsides for periods of time! Glad I'm not alone though!

Same here about the want not going away. Even though I don't feel jealous all the time the want is there pretty much 24/7.

Mine does! My hormones tend to go nuts when I see pregnancy and baby announcements, or put away baby clothing, or look at infant pictures. It fades though when I remember how sick I get through it, how I always go overdue until I need to be induced, and what natural labor feels like. lol. My memory is still a little too clear to want to take the plunge again right now, but I know in a few months that'll change and I'll be 100% ready.

This is like me! It's always there's it's just sometimes it's worse than others. I've got it big style at the moment.

Mine disappeared for 6 months...but it came back with a vengeance. It wasn't happy that I was ignoring my biological clock for so long I guess...

I haven't had baby lust in a looooooong time. I'm not sure where it went. :shrug:

I just get too busy at times to think about it very much. For a couple of months before Christmas, I was working 50+ hour weeks. Now I'm back on more normal hours, I have more time to think about it. And I guess now we're in 2015 and this is finally the year I will start TTC, I think I'm letting myself think of it more, too.

Mine does too! Most of the time it just gets stronger! but sometimes, particularly when i worry about things such as finance's and savings etc, i question myself and our ability to cope with a child..but then im quite an anxious person and always over analysing and worrying anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->