Baby food

Spunky Cupkake

Reaction score
hi everyone

just wanted to know when did you start weaning your babies on to baby food i started both mine at 3 months

angharad has a 8oz bottle every 2 1/2 - 3 hours is this normal she was a good weight (8lb 10oz when born) ive given her a little bit just now she just seemsto want feeding all the time is this normal ?

xxx

I would maybe go on to hungrier baby milk than try to wean her just yet, Jack was around 4 months i think

Weaned maddie with half of one jar a day for lunch at 13/14wks??

xxx

I personally wouldn't wean before 17 weeks as it has been shown that their digestive systems are better developed at this age. I weaned Seren at about 19 weeks but she wasn't having it so stopped until she was 51/2 months. She was feeding every hour - 2 hours.

Charlie had little tastes from 4 months, but I didnt wean her properly til after about 5.5 months.
Id hold off if you can, try the hungry baby milk!

As suggested try the hungry baby milk, we did this as Bethanie always seemed hungry. We tried her with some baby rice and first taste jars like apple at 3/4 months but after progressing slowly she seemed a little constipated so we decided to slow down and managed to keep her until about 5 months 3 weeks ish.

I started Kayleigh with baby rice at 16 weeks, once a day after 3 weeks twice a day, shes now 22 weeks and has baby rice with a little bit of sweet potato mixed in. When she is 26 weeks I will probably vary tastes and increase amounts, but at present she is happy and settled with this. I triedt to hold out longer but after 3 weeks of her waking more in the night and not settling til later I gave in. She was going from 10.30pm til 6.30pm, then started going 12.30am t 6.30 am, then it was 1am t 4.30 am, then it was 12.30, 2.30, 5.30 and i decided i had to do something, she now if left sleeps from 10-8.30,

angharad is great in the night put her down at 9-10pm and wakes at about 8-8.30 she has doen since about 2 weeks old she a really good baby even when i came out of hospital she go down at 11 and then wake about 7 so she been good from the start as i was breastfeeding her and breastfed the boys bottle feeding at this stage is new to me as ive never bottle fed from 7 weeks so i thought maybe something to fill her up and that why i asked does an 8oz bottle every 3 hours normal for a baby of her age she is 11 weeks 2moro she got to be weighing at least 12lbs something now as she was 11lbs 10oz over 2 weeks ago its pointless agsking the health visitor as she is absolutley useless thanks spunky xxx

I'm planning on starting to wean Thomas at around 4 months.

He has a 5oz bottle every 3-4hrs and we put him down around 8.00pm but wake him for a feed at 11.00pm and he wakes us at 4.30am and again at 7.00am.

He was 8lb6oz at birth and at 8 weeks was 12lb9oz :shock: and he's a sicky baby.

Cx

so just get her milk for hungrier babies then ? i was planning to wean her at 4 months too i gave her about 3 small mouthfuls of baby rice yesterday and she loved it but i think i will wait untill she 4 month or maybe 3 1/2 see how she goes

I know how you feel, Thomas stares at us eating like he's fascinated and I can't wait to start weaning him.
Until then he's on C&G Comfort milk which is quite thick so if I were you I'd try the hungrier baby milk and see how you go :hugs:

Sounds like she's just filling up during the day as she's sleeping perfectly through the night. Thomas still has a feed in the night so that's probably why he isn't taking as much as Angharad during the daytime.

Cx

They have a growth spurt at 12 weeks so could be she is having this earlier,i mistakenly gave Amelia a rusk at 12 weeks forgettiong about this growth spurt so I took her off at 13 weeks and kept from rice then til about 14-15 and from then she has what i make her her.

BUT Amelia is now 21lb's and needs food. She has 5 x 8oz's Blue milk (second stage) and three ice cubes of savoury and 1 cube of sweet.

For first foods I made
sweet potato and baby rice
butternut squash and rice

now she has

Potato and broccoli
Pea and Mint
spinach and watercress
sweet potato and carrot

Mango and apple
Mango and Peach (she loves this one)
they say nix with formula or BM but I just give like this

Only food I give processed is a Petit Filous maybe once a week but tbh she doesnt really like those.

I dont give Rusks after advice on here and would say only thing she has now with Gluten in is Potato but it is such a small amount

I would say at 10 weeks which your babe is ? (looking at ticker) I would hold off and start the second milk.

Good luck hun
bex

hi Mrs E and Bexie

angharad has the cow & gate comfort stage 1 like thomas does it is qute thick ive noticed when i pour the remaining milk which she hasnt drunk its thicker than normal i totally forgot about that bexxie (grow spurt) thats what it must be omg cant believe i forgot that i think the ticker is wrong for some reason she will be 11 weeks old this sunday (26th) i read your post what is wrong with the rusk as i havent read the thread about it i was in two minds yesterday to give her that and not rice and then i thought id get rice instead

cheers girls for your replies xxx

oh my god,my cousins daughter is 13 months and is not weaned at all...she'll give her a "bit bit" but wont persevere,so shes up every hour - hour and a half...we told her since she was young to stop using a bottle as the answer for everything grrrrrrr this makes me so mad

i never even realised you guys did it so "early"

oh my god,my cousins daughter is 13 months and is not weaned at all...she'll give her a "bit bit" but wont persevere,so shes up every hour - hour and a half...we told her since she was young to stop using a bottle as the answer for everything grrrrrrr this makes me so mad

i never even realised you guys did it so "early"

omg ive started weaning my two boys at about 3 - 3 1/2 months but not everyday a little bit here and there too start them off your cousins daughter should be eating proper food by now not just having milk and hardly any food
xx

Why not try C&G Comfort Stage 2 and see how she goes :hugs:

Cx

Tired of telling them Spunky...its like "she wouldnt eat it so we just give her a bottle"...

well dont just give her a bottle cos she'll know all she has to do is cry and she'll get it, if shes hungry she'll take the only option

my god 13months!!!! talk about making a rod for your own back!!!
the child should more or less be on family meals by now and starting to feed herself

its ok steph down worry there the ones that will have the problem not you i just cant believe she is still more or less on milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->