Baby Gaviscon

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Younglutonmum, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

Hs anyone been prescribed Infant Gaviscon for their LO??

I was prescribed it for Maya today & i'm not sure how to give it to her. All the GP said was give her half a sachet before a feed & don't give her more than one & a half sachets per day

So do I mix the powder with cooled down boiled water & give it out of a bottle or do I use a syringe to drop it into the back of the mouth?

2. ladymilly

ladymilly proud mammy

i have to put one sachet of it into every one of Jack's bottles. maybe ring your GP again and ask him to explain what he meant :hugs::hugs:

3. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

I think alot of it depends on Babys weight tho. She was a low birth weight & still under 10lb so she can't have a whole sachet. It says on the back to put it in the bottle but he told me to give it before the feed so maybe I should follow the guide for breast fed babies which says to make it up with water??

4. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

With us its one sachet per 120mls (4oz) of feed. So we make up four oz bottles, put a sachet of gav. into each one when we're about to use them, use the whole of one and put the rest of the other in the fridge for later. Tegan's been having it like this since she was about 9lbs so I'd say ring your GP again hun. Be careful, it might make Maya quite constipated.

5. Nat

Nat Well-Known Member

I don't like putting it in Gabriel's bottle, it never seems to dissolve properly. The paediatrician at the hospital said to give it before his feed, so we mix it in cooled, boiled water and feed it to him with a syringe.

6. leedsforever

leedsforever Kerry!

yeh it makes courtney constipated... hoping to get something else from doc tomorrow!!!

When I said that to the HV she said "no reason why it should make her constipated"!!! BUT I KNOW BETTER with my bnb friends :):) :happydance: