Baby has aneamia...

lilbumpblue

x James' Mummy x
Reaction score
James has slow weight gain and he has now been refered to a paediatrition for his weight, he had to have blood tests the other day which have shown he is aneamic and they have said he may have coeliacs disease but said aneamia can be associated with a lot of things i stupidly asked what sort of things and the gp said well it can range from poor diet to lymphoma!

He had a viral infection in jan and has been suffering with sore gums and now he is just getting over a chest infection. We also has lots of screaming in the evening sometimes lastng 2 hours and i questioned reflux. But then i have since noticed if he has formula we have the screaming within a couple of hours. He does have unusual bowl movements really and will have small amounts throughout the day but close together rather than one or two big soiled nappies. We also introduced solids following advice from the hv which i was mixing with formula as he stopped taking a bottle of formula.

I am now beside myself with worry and just wondered if anyone else had been through similar.

thanks in advance x

Hi! I realize it's been a while since you posted but I don't often come into this area of the forum- my DD was diagnosed as being anemic over the xmas holidays too. She was in hospital for other reasons when they found the anemia and just put her on iron supplementation. They did piles of bloodwork and were pretty certain it wasn't cancer but we still need to follow up on how her iron levels are doing now. Their guesses were too much milk intact, a milk allergy or perhaps even depleted iron levels due to a growth spurt- they'll probably look more closely for a cause if she's still deficient the next time she's at the doctor's.

Did they put your son on iron supplementation? Trying to get a toddler to take that stuff is awful- I tasted it and there is no way I'd want to take it either!

I hope your ds is doing well now :flower:

Just seen this thread too, and wanted to add my story.... All through my childhood I was anemic, and they didn't ever investigate until I started to be unwell with it when I was about 17. They raised the possibility of it being any number of things, possibly leukemia through to lots of other illnesses, and in the end I was diagnosed with coeliac disease.

Hope your LO is doing ok now. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"