baby hope chest?

Junebug

Reaction score
As DH and I are WTT we decided to start a baby hope chest. Whenever we see anything we think is cute and have to have, we buy it and put it in there, and it kinda helps in the waiting period and is kinda exciting to hope... anyone else doing this?

no but i wish i had!!!!....i was so obsessed with getting a baby and never thought to have a hope chest....cool idea....so what kinda cute stuff do you have so far???

Mostly clothes, DH works in construction so for team blue we have lots of tonka stuff, team pink tons of adorable dress outfits and funky skirts, and lots of Canucks stuff lol(we live in Vancouver). there is so much cute stuff out there... I love the idea cause when decide it's time, we'll already have a jump start!!

awesome thats cute....i will have to start a hope chest for when i hopefully get to make Asher a little sister....i need someone to dress in pink...DH wont let me dress Asher in pink....i cant see why not lol...............j/k

My hubby thinks its bad luck to get anything before a baby is born :wacko:

hey you guys are both from Vancouver :happydance: Do you know each other?

it's kinda like when you turn 16 you get a hope chest to start collecting things for when you move out, except this is for when we have a baby!! DH is so cute when we buy anything baby related, he wants a girl so badly!

Ahhhh i still have pink baby clothes of my cousins here, couldn't get rid of em!! I do think that sometimes it can be seen as bad luck though, i'm so superstitious lol.. Nice idea though x

It's a sweet idea and sensible in perhaps in some ways, but I couldn't do it. Not before I'm about 12 weeks pg. I am a bit of a one for things like that and would be far to worried that I'd end up either not getting pg or there would be some other problem. Once I reach a certain stage (possibly 12 wks?) I will start buying bits and pieces each week.

I think it's a really sweet idea! We have something similar, just bits and pieces that I see that I would like, I don't spend tonnes of money, but I know it will help when the time comes.

When are you hoping to TTC junebug? Or are you just waiting for the right time? xxx

I think it's a sweet idea. I couldn't do it myself though. I think Husband would freak out if I started buying baby stuff. He's not that keen on the idea of babies at all right now.

As DH and I are WTT we decided to start a baby hope chest. Whenever we see anything we think is cute and have to have, we buy it and put it in there, and it kinda helps in the waiting period and is kinda exciting to hope... anyone else doing this?

thats such a great idea!!!

I'm gonna start doing that. I was just looking at a list on the internet of only a FEW things you need for a newborn and i was shocked at how much you need.. so this is good thing to start doing, gradually getting more things.

You're right about helping in the waiting period too. I feel excited already to start doing this haha

Gosh, that'll just be ANOTHER thing my OH will think i'm weird over.
He already says i'm obsessed with this site. Meany.

xx

When are you hoping to TTC junebug? Or are you just waiting for the right time? xxx

I am not too sure, ideally I would prefer that we were more financially stable so I guess more when the time is right... but who knows, DH would love to have a baby more than anything (he's rather cute lol)

havent started yet, but ive always got little nice things that i like to keep for the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"