• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Baby infront of TV

tinkabells

Reaction score
Hiya,
Who puts there LO infront of tv?
Hollie loves the tv, she loves JK and then will basically break her neck when i pull her away and starts to cry if its something she loves, she's only infront of it for about an hour a day or so, but when she's n her mat or in her swing or cuddles with me, she'll brack her neck to watch the tv, is this ok??! xxx

Violet was exactly the same at that age.
I didn't worry though because she isn't watching it because she understands what's going on, she was just fascinated by the colours and sounds.

In the end though, I did turn it off during the day because I was fed up her ignoring me for the telly haha!

She's grown out of it now and will only watch when certain adverts come on

Yeah Ruby has always been interested in the telly. Now she's not as fascinated as she used to be, but she LOVES theme tunes for some reason, espec Casualty.

Iput Autumn on the sofa in her boppy with the annoying musical dangly toy over her. The tv was on and the other day I caught her watching American Chopper!!! :rofl:

I think its just the flashing colours they like.

Same as above when Josh was 2-3 months old he was fascinated by it! Now he's too interested in his toys and will just take notice when something catches his attention

alex loves certian music on it like the waybuloos, he will just play with his toys unless theres something on that catches his attention

hes watching the football now with daddy though

Lily isnt interested in tv ...would be nice to find something shes likes so i can get somthing done ...keepin her entertained can be hard work

i try and switch the tv off for a bit during the day, but my kids can't stop watching the damn thing!

Earl loves the TV - I have to be careful where I put his chair as he will try to turn towards it and injure himself lol. He loves Scrubs (I think he likes the actor who plays Perry's voice as he always perks up when he speaks) and Eamonn Holmes when he's on This Morning! :wacko:

I try not to sit him too close (I came in yesterday to find hubby had put his chair about 18 inches from the TV!) and never for more than 5 minutes at a time. It's on most of the time but I tend to put the radio on through it more during the day - he loves Magic FM and Planet Rock! lol

We don't have telly in our house (cancelled the cable almost 2 yrs ago now). However, we do have a TV but it's hooked up to our computer.

I was watching a DVD (White Christmas) the other day and little one turned his head from time to time to see the screen. He seemed to like the musical numbers and started cooing at one point.

Emma has some sort of obsession with Holly Willoughby and Phil Schofield and so if Good Morning isn't on she will stare at tv, then me, then tv then start whining! Then she wants to see Loose women!

Its only those 2 programmes tho - she loves that Carol Mcgriffith(sp).

Oh, and those horrendous Cash for Gold adverts!

My George loves the tv, disney playhouse channel!!! Mickey Mouse & Winnee the Pooh

Theres nothing wrong with them watching tv as long as they as not too close and dont spend all day there! Sometimes you need half an hour to get stuff done and the tv is a good distraction for them. I know there are 'perfect' mums out there who wud never dream of putting their babies in front of the tv (or so they say!) but im not one of them. I have 2 older kids too who watched tv and they are bright happy and intelliegent so i dont think it done them any harm. x

Alyssa watches the tv, she cant focus on things yet but baby tv on sky has programmes with bright colours and annoying music which she seems to love! Its good to put her infront of tv whilst i get some housework done ! x

Hey hun!

Mason is the same, if i take him away or if he hears its on he will struggle around to get a peep lol...its funny to watch him!...think its just all the colours and lights but he giggles away at it....for some reason he loves road wars...and not friends as ive found out :haha:

Dont think its anythin to worry about, suppose its cause they cant really play with toys properly yet :)

I think they grow out of it as Olivia was the same but now shes only interested when certain adverts come on as she wont even watch the kiddie programs if I let her watch tv.

My 5 month old, too. Started showing real interest at about 3 months. I will turn it on while he is playing on his mat or something. He likes to stop and watch the colors and listen to the sounds. The more cartoony the better. Sponge Bob and Tom & Jerry are favorites! I only leave it on for a few minutes at a time when I am desperate to keep him distracted for a bit. :haha:

Connah LOVES the TV! We dont purposely put him infront of it all the time...we do in the morning while we potter about,making bottles etc...
But even when we dont put him infront of it he will strain his neck or move round in the travel cot so he can see :dohh:x

My 2 year old was never interested in tv,and there are days i don't even switch it on,but twins seem to love it!
They cant get enough of Special Agent Oso :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"