Baby interaction at swimming

kit10grl

Reaction score
How old were your LO's before they really started to interact at swimming? We have taken LO a few times and although he has been ok with the water, and giggled a few times he isnt really splashy yet lol.

The other day there was another baby there who really was enjoying herself and splashing and having a great time. She looked like she was having a ball and i really cant wait till LO can enjoy it as much.

Im really crap at guessing how old other babies are though. So Just curious how old you LO's were so I have a rough idea when to epect it?

I only took my LO swimming a couple of weeks ago, but since about 8 weeks she's gone mental in the bath kicking and splashing and screeching with excitement! Swimming in a pool was a new experience for her as its echoey and noisy, but after a couple of minutes of mild amusement watching other babies she started kicking wildly! So much so I had to transfer her to an inflatable ring as I wasn't confident in keeping hold of her!!

I don't think it's their age, I think it's more to do with how comfortable they are. We have lessons every week and, although he'll kick in the bath, he's more reserved at lessons. It was only last week that we started getting smiles rather than him just being nosey. Keep going and LO will get more comfortable with it and start enjoying it more :)

We started waterbabies at 6 months and within a few weeks Evan was going mental splashing and giggling!

He loves his bath though even as a tiny newborn and has always enjoyed water.

we have started baby swimming lessons and Ellie had a cast on for 6 month so she couldnt even have a bath when it came off last fri shes hated the bath but we have been to 2 swimming lessons and she loves it even getting dunked under the water x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->