Baby led weaning?

carly_mummy2b

Vinnie's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi,

Could somebody please explain to me what baby led weaning is, i have seen in mentioned a few times but just not sure what it is,

Thanks

Carly x

https://www.babyledweaning.com/

Also - check out the weaning section here for more info
https://www.babyandbump.com/weaning-nutrition/

Its where rather than spoon feeding baby purees and jars ect they feed them self. So bits of toast and steamed vegtables and meat, sandwhichs, fruit. Basically the idea is that they eat food like we do. Also gives baby chance to have as much or as little as they want. We started kacey at 6 months and i can honestly say its fab. To start with they experiment and they touch and lick and pat ect and you sonetimes think are they eatting enough (but they still get the goodness from there milk) but very quickly they learn to eat it. Meal times are like a game for them. The best bit is they can eat with you. My Hv said that kaceys hand eye co ordination has improved loads. She sits with is and has a mini roast dinner now well a bit of meat and a little potatoe and lots of veg. There is a whole section on it on here. Take a look

In a nutshell,

I make dinner for me and OH. LO sits in a high chair, and I scoop parts of my dinner onto his tray. I don't cut, mash, or puree anything. He usually sucks on it, and throws it to the dog. After a solid month of this, he now eats it. We go out for dinner and I give him parts of my meal and he eats it straight, which often shocks other diners because he's only 7.5 months old! :) :thumbup:

I've done both baby led weaning and traditional weaning. My LO did not like traditional weaning. He LOVES BLW and I do too - I can sit and enjoy my meal without worrying about feeding him while mine gets cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->