baby looking small for dates

kelly342000

Reaction score
went for routine MW appointment and she scared me silly by saying i was small for my dates and sent me down to hospital for a growth scan! baby is currently at the very bottom of the growth charts, almost on the verge of being below the 10th centile, and i now have to go for 2 weekly scans to check growth. if baby drops below this line i will have to have weekly doppler monitoring of cord also and they will want to do an early section! am very worried now. both me and OH are tall and skinny so i would have thought it made sense baby would be too, but they seem to think i should be giving birth to some 10lb monster baby! has anyone been through this? is my first so makes things all the more scary!

im the same, my baby is measuring small for dates and i also have high bp, both me and dh are tall people also so would have thought baby would have been bigger. Im being monitored in pretty simular ways to you, i have had 1 doppler scan and that showed blood flow was ok which was good. Im going to be induced at 40 weeks if she does not come out before then

I went through this with Evie, she was found to be small when I had a 32 week scan and I was then monitored with fortnightly scans and twice a week up to the Day assessment unit to be monitored. I was also given steroids incase they had to induce her early. She was diagnosed as having IUGR (intra uterine growth restriction). My doppler readings were also done and found to be on the high side. My waters went with her at 33w 5d and was induced at 34w exactly. She was born weighing 3lbs 12oz, had to spend a two and a half weeks in NICU and SCBU, but part from that she is perfect, just a bit on the small side. :thumbup:. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->