Baby measuring 2-2.5mm at 6 weeks, is this too small?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
I had a scan at 6+3 yesterday, I know when I ovulated, the earliest I could be is 6+2! The baby only measured 2-2.5mm, and from what I've been reading, this is too small for 6 weeks? :( I'm really worrying now. She didn't clarify if she could see a heartbeat or not, but when she showed me, I could see a little flicker there. X

Mine was 3mm at 6 weeks. They soon catch up believe me! At 8 weeks mine was 14mm lol

I had a scan at 6+4 with my fourth and all we saw was the yolk sac! He's 16 weeks old now :) Good luck xx

Just because you know when you ovulated, doesn't necessarily mean that's what baby will measure. They all grow at different rates and there are so many things like when they actually implanted that can cause baby to measure behind by up to a week. I measured 5-7 days behind my entire pgs with both DS and DD. And with my current pregnancy, I went in at 6+1 (absolutely CERTAIN of my dates as I was tracking ovulation) and we saw a gestational sac with a yolk sac visible but measuring 5+4. A week later, there was baby measuring right on with a flickering heartbeat. Seeing much of anything at 6 weeks is pretty hard because the fetal pole is just developing and the heart is just starting to beat. Most doctors won't even consider a scan during the 6th week because it can lead to unnecessary worry as a result. (I only get them done this early because I am usually spotting and this time I was cramping really bad on one side so my dr wanted to rule out an ectopic.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->