Baby measuring a week behind...

LouOscar01

Reaction score
Went for a first scan yesterday for reassrance and it would seem this pregnancy is following the same path as my missed miscarriage.

I'm measuring a week behind. Should be 6w but measuring at 5w (2mm). Heartbeat present but they wouldn't tell me whether it was fast or slow.

The midwife didn't seem concerned but to me this is pretty disasterou. Can't imagine this can continue!!

This will be my third miscarriage so at least I qualify for tests and investigations now.

Heartbroken.

Could you have just misjudged when you ovulated? A heartbeat at 5 weeks is amazing. Try not to assume to worst just yet. My daughter was 5 days behind in the start and she was just fine :)

at 7 weeks I measured a week behind (had brown spotting then red) which was exactly like my missed m/c but a scan at 10 weeks showed she has caught up and is doing great! I understand your worry...the dr told me aswell that she had no concerns and I didn't believe her but so far she has been right

Don't give up just yet! You might have ovulated slightly later, or implanted later. I went for a scan with my second daughter (following 2 Blighted Ovums and a chemical) and she measured behind by around 3-4 days. I knew my dates were 100% spot on. I went back at 6+4 and she suddenly measured 3 days AHEAD so within 4 days she'd made up over a weeks worth of growth. It's so hard early on because even a mm makes a huge difference to the dates. Will they be re-scanning you? They won't tell you the heart rate because it can cause more worry than it's worth. The heartbeat always starts off "slow" when it first starts beating and they don't want you to come home and google/compare with other ladies

I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for a good outcome for you <3

:flow:

I know for sure when I ovulated because of temping and OPKs. They didn't book me for another scan until I said I had a history of MMC and they booked a scan for 3 weeks time. I'll have a private scan before then though.

I'd do the same. To be honest I always just "knew" and people would try and convince me otherwise but I tracked with OPK's and knew when I got a + HPT and if dates don't fit, they don't fit. Three weeks is an awful long wait :( I hope your private scan shows that little one has caught up <3

You may have had delayed implantation. I've read it can occur 6-12 days after ovulation and fertilization.

Thoughts and prayers!

Thing is I got strong bfp at 11dpo. So I dont think I can have implatnted that late.

I just had my hcg results and they've gone from 4700 at 22dpo to 35327 at 28dpo which is a doubling time of 51 hours rather than 48 but the midwife wasn't concerned by that. I'll have another test tomorro. Can't imagine ever making it to the 2nd trimester!!!

My progesterone is 84. I think I have quite high progesterone which is maybe the cause of a MMC rather than a MC. My body doesn't get the trigger to bleed when things go wrong.

That's really good! Don't forget doubling time slows once you hit 6 weeks to only every 3-4 days.
If there was a heartbeat you're deff further along than 5 weeks Id say, but they're xo hard to get a good measurement with being so tiny.

Had a scan today and baby measured 9.5mm which they said was 7 weeks. So it's gone from 2mm to 9.5mm in 6 days!!

What great news! Congratulations!!! :flower:

It's very normal for so early on, I had an early internal scan and was told baby was 6 weeks (wacky cycles so has no clue either) wbut it turns out I was actually almost 8 weeks. Even a few mm either way can make a big difference, the main thing is they saw the heartbeat which is a great sign.

I'm glad it turned out well in the end :hugs:

My scan at 7 weeks she told me baby was measuring small but had heartbeat and not to worry as the very early scans aren't actuate xx

At 5wks even a tiny mm can take days off. I measured 5 days behind at my. First scan

This happened to me with ds3, they put my date back a week, i told them they were wrong, but no, they knew better.... Next scan, "Oh silly you jess, you are a week more than you thought..." :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->