Baby measuring a week bigger ? Please read

Mommy_plus3

Reaction score
The Doctor said baby is measuring a week bigger than the amount of weeks I am (I only did it once the entire month) so I'm pretty positive about the dates . Have any of you momma's experienced this before ? & what can cause this ? Does early implantation play a part ? Or ovulating earlier than expected ? Hope to hear from you all - thanks in advance !

Often it helps to view the other threads on here...there have actually been lots of recent threads about those confused over baby measurements. Just because baby is measuring differently doesnt mean dates are off. In the first weeks leading up the the later scans it is much harder to get accurate measurements of the baby. Especially if baby likes to move a lot. One small change in a measurement can put baby behind or ahead a few days etc. Most often then not once you have your 20 week us the baby is right on the dates as its way easier to get proper measurements. So its nothing to worry about or anything.

Yeah I actually just posted in the 3rd trimester section about this.

I could recall the exact date I last had sex. Husband is on all sorts of medication right now so its not like its hard to do so. My clinical due date is May 25th however my first few ultrasounds (all the way up till this last one) said EDD was May 19th...a week earlier.

I'm a bit confused on how they do the measurements to due date but now its (according to ultrasound) May 23rd.

It all depends on babies movements and positioning whether or not they can get the most accurate measurements. Thats why you seen them take so many. Its also why you often dont see babies actually arrive on the due date. Thats what any due date you get is only an estimate and can easily change.

Very normal my dates are a week ahead, I know when I ovulated babies have growth spurts x

I was a week ahead I had a scan at 11 weeks and I measured 12 weeks no idea what caused this but baby is fine and healthy as you can see I am 34 weeks now and baby boy is still measuring ahead fundal height is 35cm. My midwife is no way concerned at my last appointment this week she said baby is healthy and sounding happy so try not to worry :hugs:

At my private scan, I should've been 7+4 based on my period dates, but baby measured 5 days ahead at 8+2, which brought my EDD forward.
I'm not worried at all, and she said it actually may well have changed again when I have my 12 week scan, as the growth rate varies so much this early on.
If not, then I must've ovulated earlier than I thought that cycle. It's really nothing to worry about, I'd be more worried if baby was measuring a week behind! :)

We were 100% sure on conception date due to it being an IVF pregnancy, yet I've measured ahead at every scan. At my first scan at 7+3, I measured a day ahead, then 5 days ahead at my 12 week scan. Therefore, my due date was moved forward.

I'm now 27 weeks and at my 26 week midwife appointment, I was measuring at 29 weeks based on fundal height. My midwife isn't concerned, she said she'd rather baby be measuring big than small. I guess they just grow at different rates.

Thank you all fr your responses! Means a lot :)
Yes I'm happy baby's measuring bigger rather than smaller but I was just so nervous when he said that baby was a week bigger I feel like if it's so common they shouldn't be so surprised about it you know ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->