Baby measuring behind :(

steph.

Two little girls!
Reaction score
I went for a scan today at 6w4d and I am 100% sure of my dates. We saw a little blob with a heartbeat of 124bpm but when the tech measured it (and she measured it a few times) it was only 5w5d-5w6d. That's 5-6 days behind :( I had a mc at 8 weeks that started of with a baby measuring behind, although that was 10 days behind and hb was only 90. I'm feeling really sad. Anyone else been in the same situation? What was the outcome?

Mine is measuring behind as well. About 6 days. Heartbeat is normal though - 134. You might be sure of your dates, but are you sure of your implantation date? I am not that worried about mine because I think I implanted late. (But now you are worrying me!)

I am pretty sure of implantation because I got strong bfp at 12dpo so going by their dates I would only have been 6dpo! I am trying to stay positive as my dd2 measured 4 days behind (and by that I would also have got a bfp at 6dpo) and then she caught up to my original dates by the `12w scan. But almost a week sound like a lot.

Btw congrats on your scan Buffy!

I didn't get my BFP until AF was due, so I had a feeling I would measure behind. I wasn't worried until I saw your post. Now I've been googling, and it's about a 50/50 from what I've read. I've read both positive & negative things. I have an app with my doctor on Wednesday. Maybe I'll talk about that with him.

Oh no! I'm sure you are fine! If you didn't get a bfp until after af was due it's very possible that your ovulation and implantation happened a bit later and you have nothing to worry about. The only reason I'm worried is because it's impossible for me to to be anything less than 6 weeks. I've also been googling all morning, but I guess it's just a waiting game now.

Ok mine is actually measuring 5 days early. There is no point worrying because there's nothing we can do about it but hope for the best :)

Mine measure a week behind. But they did an abdominal scan which is not very accurate early on. Did u have a transvag scan or abdominal? That also may make a difference. Take care hun try not to worry xx

Mine was abdominal. I wasn't even worried about it until I saw steph's post!! Lol

Mine was transvaginal. I don't know, I'm going from one minute thinking everything will be fine to the next thinking it's over. So much for a reassurance scan...

I had a vaginal scan done at 7+2 like you pretty certain of my dated as I used opks and charted, they told me that I only measured 6+4 I panicked because I was so sure of my dates but even the scan tech said even 1mm out on measurements could change the gestation by days and it's pretty hard to measure pregnancies when theyre early.

5 weeks later I went for my 12 week scan and baby ended up measuring 3days ahead and was jumping all over the place :)

Thanks Sammynashley. I'm really hoping everything will be ok :)

Steph - just think positively! (Although I know it's hard after mc!!) When do you go again?

Thanks Sammy, that's really reassuring.

Buffy I'm going to the gp tomorrow and requesting another scan for next week. I don't see the private OB until the 29th of January.

Yeah I'm the same. We don't see OB until after the 12 week scan.

:( I wasn't concerned about measuring behind until I saw this post. And I have been feeling so sick and tired, I haven't been thinking about much but making it day to day. I am definitely not going to google it though! I am measuring 3 days behind but the tech told not to worry as long as it is within 7 days. I am praying for happy and healthy pregnancies for all of us!!

I was 100% sure of my dates because I went out of town right after, so I kind of knew it was impossible to be too far behind. Yet, when I went in at 8 weeks, baby was measuring about 7 weeks (slightly earlier, actually). Four weeks later, baby had caught up and I'm now where my original dates suggested. My doctor said either the baby played a game of catch up, or she read the measurements wrong. Even though transvaginal ultrasounds are accurate that early, she said it can be hard to tell the baby apart from the yolk sac and she could have measured wrong. There is hope!

@ lady 3 days behind is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. Enjoy your pregnancy!

At this early stage its so hard to date a pregnancy correctly by ultrasound. With my pregnancy I knew exactly when I ovulated and was pretty certain on my dates. At my first scan I was put back 4 days and my most recent scan I was put back 2 days.

I got my first bfp at 8dpo so it would not be possible for me to be measuring 4 days behind like my first scan showed since its impossible to get a bfp at 4dpo.

Every pregnancy I have had I have been put back with my dates.x

Really wouldn't be concerned! I'm measuring a week behind but I know that I ovulated late. Really wouldn't worry unless it was like 10days-2 weeks out x

I know I didn't ovulate late, but I got my BFP late so I expected to be a bit behind. Plus mine was abdominal, not trans.

Like I said, wasn't worried til I saw others were worried! Lol

I went at 8+1 with spotting, scan showed baby with hb but only measuring 6+3. When fir my next scheduled scan going off the new measurements to be 10+5 and was very surprised to see baby measuring exactly 12 weeks so near enough back to my original dates. Good luck and hope everything goes well for you too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->