• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Baby measuring small at almost 37 weeks.

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
I had an US today and the doctor said my baby is measuring small. Everything else, amniotic fluid, BP etc. was fine. Going by my LMP I'm 36+3 but going by measurements I'm 34+5, almost 2 weeks behind. He gave an estimated weight of 2.5kilos. Is anyone else measuring small? I'm really worried that the baby isn't growing properly. I've barely put on any weight during the third trimester. Should I be eating more to make the baby grow bigger?

I went to midwifes today and I'm 39 weeks tomorrow I measured 36 weeks, they don't seem to worried about it though, if they thought it was something to worry about they would be monitoring you a lot more

So doc said the baby is measuring small, ours was too at a growth scan at 36wks, but did the doc sound worried?? I am assuming there was no talk of inducing or c-section for early delivery??

I am sure all is perfectly well! In this world, folk are naturally slim/small etc and it would be weird if everyone was the same! My mum had all of us 3 kids, all under 6.5 lbs and we are all slim and dont put on weight, but perfectly healthy!

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/chart/ According to this 2.5kg is average weight of a 35+5 baby!

I dont think you have any reason to worry!:flower:

I've got this, they found it at 34 weeks when baby on the Ultrasound was measuring around 32. I had a doppler scan of the cord for 2 weeks running then another growth scan and she had grown fine but was still measuring behind in terms of size and estimated weight. At that point the consultant was happy to let me be and said that some babies are just naturally smaller.
If they are happy there are no probs then I'd not let it worry you. I hear that the estimated weights are not too accurate anyway. All they said to me was to monitor movement more carefully with her being smaller. I don't think its a how much you eat thing, although since then my OH has been keen to feed me up XD Did your Dr make any suggestions? If not I'd carry on as usual :) Good luck!

Sounds just fine. I was measuring small and had an US at 36 weeks and they estimated he was 5.5-6lbs (so right about the same as your LO). They weren't worried at all and I went on to have him naturally at 38+3 and he was born 5lb 13oz and 100% healthy. He's still little, naturally slim, just like me.

Thanks everyone for reassuring me. The doctor didn't seem to be worried so I suppose I shouldn't worry either. I thought they might have offered a follow up scan or something to check growth but they didn't say anything. I just have to go back at 39 weeks for my next appointment.

I've measured small all the way through.. and at 36 weeks I was still measuring small.. they told me they aren't concerned unless its 4cm smaller either way.. I wouldn't worry.

Also.. I weigh 2lb more now that I did at 12 weeks.. My doctor told me I could eat as much as I wanted and the baby would still only take what they needed and leave me with the left overs and I shouldn't worry or concern myself with the thought that I've done something wrong as everything is fine with the baby. :)

If they were worried they'd let you know!

My baby is measuring roughly 4/5 weeks behind. I've been scanned every week since 32 weeks. Baby is fine just small. They're going to induce me between wk 39 and 40. X

Try not to worry too much. I was measuring big around week 33 so they sent me for an US and the tech told me she was closer to 34 weeks in measurement but all body parts were up to speed. I saw my midwife a week later and she said they are really inaccurate in estimating total weight/size and not to put too much stock in US measurements. You won't really know size until bubba is born however if there was a problem with growth it they likely would have seen it:)
Hope this helps ease your mind!

I just came home depressed because my doctor just told me the same thing...that my baby is small and im already at 37 weeks pregnant. My doctor just said that i will have to deliver my baby next week in which i will be 38 weeks pregnant. What were ther outcomes you all had? I dont know if to be happy that im going to have my baby here or to be scared!

Both me and baby are measuring small. Her measurements are about 3 weeks behind currently and estimated at only 4-4.5pds. My obgyn and high risk dr. are not concerned. Saying she is just going to be small and petite. I am hoping for her to be at least 6 pounds.

I will be 38 weeks on Wednesday and at 34 weeks baby was measuring at 32 weeks, he is still measuring behind so I get another ultrasound tomorrow afternoon to see the progress from 34 to 38 weeks. Then, we will go from there. My doctor said he wasn't concerned about him measuring a little small as long as he was proportionate and didn't show signs of stress.

At my last doctors appt (36+5), baby was measuring at 5.5lb (i think that's 2.5kg too). Doctor said it was on the small side, but nothing worrying. I'm also 4cm dilated and she said its best if I keep him in a bit longer so he can pile on a bit more weight - so I must stay off my feet.

This is an old thread! After measuring small my daughter was born without complications at 41 weeks weighing a tiny but perfectly healthy 2.8kg. She is now almost three and still very petite and skinny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"