Baby measuring small for sure, no late ovulation etc.

I think it is significant and encouraging that you went through a similar revision of dates because of the fetus measuring on the small side in your earlier pregnancy.

At this point I think it's just a waiting game... the actual BEST way to date an embryo is by ovulation because once you ovulate they typically grow about the same (yes some do grow faster and some slower, but generally it is the same) that's why they always say ultrasound measurements can be up to a week out on either side, to adjust for growth differences and sometimes those slow growers catch up and sometimes the fast growers slow down.
I think at this point as hard as it is, it's just a waiting game.. and I know it sucks I've been there many times!!!!!! I'm sorry you're going through this!!!!

WSS again

At this point all you're doing is strssing yourself out over dates, which wont have an impact on anything. it's a waiting game now.

since you have already went thru something similar with your son then chances are everything is going to be fine.

Quit worrying about dates!
:hugs:

At this point I think it's just a waiting game... the actual BEST way to date an embryo is by ovulation because once you ovulate they typically grow about the same (yes some do grow faster and some slower, but generally it is the same) that's why they always say ultrasound measurements can be up to a week out on either side, to adjust for growth differences and sometimes those slow growers catch up and sometimes the fast growers slow down.
I think at this point as hard as it is, it's just a waiting game.. and I know it sucks I've been there many times!!!!!! I'm sorry you're going through this!!!!

That is what I am hoping for, that it will catch up or now continue to grow at a normal pace. I can only guess I ovulated around the same time I normally would. My doctor said with a chemical your cycle remains unchanged. So I would have ovulated around end of July or early August.
But I was thinking even if I ovulate on lets say the 1st...conception could take 2-5 days, implantation 5-12 so my guess was that an embryo that implanted late would logically be behind according to ovulation.:shrug:
I will have to wait though I will go in for a check up sooner than a month.

I think it is significant and encouraging that you went through a similar revision of dates because of the fetus measuring on the small side in your earlier pregnancy.
Yeah I am hoping that maybe my babies just start out small or slow

At this point all you're doing is strssing yourself out over dates, which wont have an impact on anything. it's a waiting game now.

since you have already went thru something similar with your son then chances are everything is going to be fine.

Quit worrying about dates!
:hugs:

I really hope so. This pregnancy has been so eventful it is hard not to worry.

If you aren't sure of ovulation then I'd day you have a great chance that all will work out.. which sounds like you're not exactly sure!!!! I only shared my experience based on the fact I knew exactly when I ovulated and when I wasn't measuring right it was a huge red flag to me!!!!
:hugs: and if you need to go in sooner call your dr and tell them you need to come in, I wouldn't be able to wait a whole month.. that's crazy to me!!!!

About ovulation I am not sure because I did not have a period after the miscarriage. But the positive hpt on the 8thband 12th and 18th mean it can't be as far off as the doctor thinks (August 12th).
I will see another doctor next week just to get a second opinion on so many questions I have. She also did not classify me as high risk with a pituitary tumor...which can cause miscarriage and I am not on medication for it right now.

I looked at the dates I had for my son and It is very interesting to compare:coffee::

1st EDD based on ovulation/conception: July 27th 2011
2nd EDD based on 1st US at 7 weeks: August 14th 2011
3rd EDD based on 2nd trimester US: August 10th
Born on August 19th via emergency C-Section at 42+5 weeks gestation. Placenta had given up.
= We went from a 18 days difference to a 14 days difference.
Like I said, my son was an accident so there was no chance of later conception. I did not worry then cause I did not know the size was important.
Baby Crampy:
1st EDD based on ovulation/conception? : April 19th 2016
2nd EDD based on early US/ late ovu. or impl.: April 25th 2016
3rd EDD based on 6+6 US: May 4th
= about 9-16 days difference

Ok, but that's the hard part. You keep saying "based on ovulation " but then admit you don't know when you ovulated! I think it's fine since you don't know! Good luck hun!

Ok, but that's the hard part. You keep saying "based on ovulation " but then admit you don't know when you ovulated! I think it's fine since you don't know! Good luck hun!

I think you misunderstand.
I put a little "?". I may not know the exact 'day', but the time frame I do know due to: Calculating back from BFP and Temp. rise., as well as days where I did not have unprotected sex. So we can be sure it was somewhere around late July/ Early August.

Again, stop looking so far into dates since you don't know when you ovulated. You're stressing abou to and stress = bad.

your baby has a heartbeat. You are pregnant, if only for right now you are. Enjoy it. And stop worrying so much about dates, it's pointless

I have been in your shoes twice. Both times tracking ovulation so dead set sure on dates.

First time bub measured 1.5 weeks behind from the first scan and continued to measured behind all the way. It didn't end well with her passing away at 17w and testing revealed triploidy (which abnormal/delayed growth is a common aspect).

The second time is with my current pregnancy. Measured a week behind from the first early dating scan and a week behind again at a 10w scan. But low and behold I go for my scan at 12+5 (according to their dates), and there much to my surprise was our baby measuring 13+5 like I had insisted the whole time.
It's such a stressful thing trying to get through the days/weeks until scans so you can get answers. I completely sympathise with you, it's hard *hugs*

Twinmummy
Thanks for sharing! I am sorry about your 17 week loss but it is great this one measures the right size now.
I was thinking maybe slowly growing embryos are not totally uncommon. Maybe not always acknowledged because it will automatically be classified as "ovulated later" or conceived later ...who knows.

Again, stop looking so far into dates since you don't know when you ovulated. You're stressing abou to and stress = bad.

your baby has a heartbeat. You are pregnant, if only for right now you are. Enjoy it. And stop worrying so much about dates, it's pointless

Oh but I'm not stressed. I only had a feeling she misunderstood and I shared the dates because I find them encouraging :) I don't think encouragement is pointless. I know I only had unprotected sex for a few days so that should pinpoint ovulation plus minus a few days. That's all I have been trying to explain and no one seems to understand. Maybe my English is just too bad. :shrug:

Btw sperm can live up to 5 days in the right conditions which could make pinpointing ovulation by dtd hard! Yes you have a window.. which I think is what you're saying.. you have a window of time in which you ovulated. But you don't know exactly when you ovulated. ... therefore you have no idea how your bean should be measuring!! (That's good news for you, just take it )!!!!

Btw sperm can live up to 5 days in the right conditions which could make pinpointing ovulation by dtd hard! Yes you have a window.. which I think is what you're saying.. you have a window of time in which you ovulated. But you don't know exactly when you ovulated. ... therefore you have no idea how your bean should be measuring!! (That's good news for you, just take it )!!!!

What she said, again lol

Plus people have gotten pregnant using protection so the ovulation window you're trying to guess may not even be relevent.

She must have some idea of her ovulation date if she was temping/charting? This whole thread is somewhat confusing but I hope things work out!

She must have some idea of her ovulation date if she was temping/charting? This whole thread is somewhat confusing but I hope things work out!

Yeah that is what I am saying, temp. rise + the date when I got my first positive hpt + cndar + condom free sex only until the first.

@powell130 @pinkpassionr
It is not that I am not taking it. I am just saying I was in my body, charting, feeling the first symptoms. I think it is highly unlikely there is a later conception. Even if sperm live up to five days that gets us to the 5th of August only and would not explain a positive test of the 8th. I think you guys are simply not looking at the fact that the conception must be about 10-14 days before a bfp. Otherwise in would not show. There is no way in hell to have a bfp on the 8th and conceive on the 12th sry :shrug:
Not only did we use condoms that did not break, we hardly had any sex because I felt really crampy and decided on pelvic rest because I was worried I'd lose this new delicate pregnancy.

But just because I disagree about the possibility of later conception, does not mean I feel my pregnancy is certainly doomed. Just realistically saying it is a concern and I want to monitor it. Same happened with my son, babies can catch up, some always measure smaller and it turns out fine, there can be measuring mistakes...etc. I am trying to be positive and the intend of the thread was not debating my dates. Hence the headline. I wanted to hear positive stories from moms whose babies actually DID measure small that's all. :)

Edit: I attached a screenshot of the summarized evidence that points towards earlier conception so it can be seen at one glance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-33-43_mh1442828055384.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-33-43_mh1442828055384.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 14
I think it does happen I am sure im 6+4 but on my scan they said I was about 5 + 2 im just trying to stay positive and what will be will be xx

Yah unfortunately I think u may have to wait this one out and c what happens... Yes there could be something wrong, but there could also be nothing wrong. There's just no way to know yet, I know it's so hard with everything up in the air like this but only time will tell what's really going on :-(
Sorry ur going through this.
Also, maybe don't worry so much quite yet about ur expected due date until u get more info. It will only drive u crazy, cuz like I said before it really sounds like only time will tell in this situation.
Good luck!!!

I dont think you're completely uderstanding what either of us are saying lol basically that you can't pinpoint everything exactly as close as you are so everything is probably fine, just gonna have to wait it out

I dont think you're completely uderstanding what either of us are saying lol basically that you can't pinpoint everything exactly as close as you are so everything is probably fine, just gonna have to wait it out

I know I will have to wait it out. Never said the opposite just had a closer look at the dates and facts because the doctor changed my EDD. :shrug:
I don't think I can pinpoint the exact day at this point but a time frame I DO have...have a look at the screenshot. With all the evidence you can pinpoint a time frame. If you think I am wrong about anything on the screenshot pls point is out specifically and explain why. I stuck to basic knowledge about charting and conception. It is not possible scientifically to conceive AFTER several bfps, or to have a positive test so early when having conceived late. I feel you don't look at the science behind my time frame and just state I can't know. :)

Honestly, looking into it that far is kinda pointless at this point.
Not saying you can't pinpoint a window.
Saying that you're obsessing over dates too much when the reality is, babies grow at different rates so once you're at this point, trying to pinpoint it so much is, again kinda pointless.

Everything is in your favor right now...your son was a slow starter, your baby has a heartbeat and your baby is growing

My first baby measured a week behind for a little while - I knew I was 10 weeks but my midwife insisted the due to my lmp I was 12 weeks (I had a 44 day cycle & didn't ovulate until cd30) anyway I went for my '12' week scan and he measured 9 weeks, que panic knowing I was 10 weeks. 3 weeks later I went back and he had caught up and measured 13 weeks :) I'm expecting the same with this baby as the midwife is using my lmp again!
Hope all turns out well with you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->