Baby measuring small for sure, no late ovulation etc.

I get why you're questioning your dates, Marumi. I hope it's nothing concerning, but it is a little confusing. Hopefully it's just a combination of dating scans not being completely accurate, your baby perhaps being a slow starter with growth, and maybe being at the end of your possible range for implantation. I guess all those things could add up to quite a bit.

Honestly, looking into it that far is kinda pointless at this point.
Not saying you can't pinpoint a window.
Saying that you're obsessing over dates too much when the reality is, babies grow at different rates so once you're at this point, trying to pinpoint it so much is, again kinda pointless.

Everything is in your favor right now...your son was a slow starter, your baby has a heartbeat and your baby is growing

But I'm not obsessing nor panicking. The only reason I still talk about dates is because I have been trying to explain to you and others why the doctors later date can't possibly be accurate.
Hey and I said that about my son. That is why I posted his dates ;).

My first baby measured a week behind for a little while - I knew I was 10 weeks but my midwife insisted the due to my lmp I was 12 weeks (I had a 44 day cycle & didn't ovulate until cd30) anyway I went for my '12' week scan and he measured 9 weeks, que panic knowing I was 10 weeks. 3 weeks later I went back and he had caught up and measured 13 weeks :) I'm expecting the same with this baby as the midwife is using my lmp again!
Hope all turns out well with you xx
Wow that is quite a difference going back and forth! Thanks for sharing. I hope that maybe similar happens. My son measured larger closer to the second trimester yet doctors did not fully want to adjust the EDD. Interesting she used Imp. as an indicator. My doctors go by LMP only.

I get why you're questioning your dates, Marumi. I hope it's nothing concerning, but it is a little confusing. Hopefully it's just a combination of dating scans not being completely accurate, your baby perhaps being a slow starter with growth, and maybe being at the end of your possible range for implantation. I guess all those things could add up to quite a bit.
I heard of slow starters and I hope that is it. Would make sense because my son was the same. I also assume that both conception and implantation could have taken long. It was not the ideal situation for a new pregnancy right after a miscarriage with no uterine lining. But maybe baby was "persistent" ;)

Honestly, looking into it that far is kinda pointless at this point.
Not saying you can't pinpoint a window.
Saying that you're obsessing over dates too much when the reality is, babies grow at different rates so once you're at this point, trying to pinpoint it so much is, again kinda pointless.

Everything is in your favor right now...your son was a slow starter, your baby has a heartbeat and your baby is growing

But I'm not obsessing nor panicking. The only reason I still talk about dates is because I have been trying to explain to you and others why the doctors later date can't possibly be accurate.
Hey and I said that about my son. That is why I posted his dates ;).

My first baby measured a week behind for a little while - I knew I was 10 weeks but my midwife insisted the due to my lmp I was 12 weeks (I had a 44 day cycle & didn't ovulate until cd30) anyway I went for my '12' week scan and he measured 9 weeks, que panic knowing I was 10 weeks. 3 weeks later I went back and he had caught up and measured 13 weeks :) I'm expecting the same with this baby as the midwife is using my lmp again!
Hope all turns out well with you xx
Wow that is quite a difference going back and forth! Thanks for sharing. I hope that maybe similar happens. My son measured larger closer to the second trimester yet doctors did not fully want to adjust the EDD. Interesting she used Imp. as an indicator. My doctors go by LMP only.

I heard of slow starters and I hope that is it. Would make sense because my son was the same. I also assume that both conception and implantation could have taken long. It was not the ideal situation for a new pregnancy right after a miscarriage with no uterine lining. But maybe baby was "persistent" ;)

I dont think anyone said the doctors guess had to be the correct one.
Just that you kinda can't pinpoint everything down to an exact date due to all the variables...

I never spoke of an exact due date here. Remember the time frame. With all that cleared up I think we can get back on topic.:thumbup:

You most definitely mentioned several EDDs in the beginning of the thread

Last piece of advice...stop getting so stuck on specific dates, only a small % of babies are born on their due dates, as they're just a guess since pregnancy can't be tracked down to the exact day unless strictly monitored by US in the early days. Most likely you're fine, which is probably why your doctors are treating it as a "non issue" as you said.

ENJOY BEING PREGNANT

I only posted the dates to support the similarity to my son and show the difference between them. You said above that was a good thing my son started out small.

I think you are having a totally wrong picture...of some worry ward taking dates apart. Who says I don't enjoy being pregnant? I think you are interpreting too much into this :lol: I'm fine..only explaining this to you, just how I explained why I did not do a pregnancy test a day on the other thread. You are very much on my case and it surprises me a bit. If something bugs you that you're not saying now may be the time. Other than that lets just let this rest.

I think all Powell and a couple of the other posters are saying is that there's only so much that even doctors can speculate on before it really comes down to just having to wait and see what happens. I think after there is that much confusion on ur edd and date of conception, it's now at the point where the only option left is really just to just take it day by day and c how it goes.
I know it sucks, and I know not having answers is the worst feeling in the world, so I'm totally sorry ur going thru this and I've definitely got my fingers crossed for u <3

I think all Powell and a couple of the other posters are saying is that there's only so much that even doctors can speculate on before it really comes down to just having to wait and see what happens. I think after there is that much confusion on ur edd and date of conception, it's now at the point where the only option left is really just to just take it day by day and c how it goes.
I know it sucks, and I know not having answers is the worst feeling in the world, so I'm totally sorry ur going thru this and I've definitely got my fingers crossed for u <3

Thank you! Lol

I understand that, and I totally agree about waiting it out. What confuses me is that she kept telling me I can't know when I conceived when in our case there really was just a small window. That's just a fact. Doesn't mean I'm extra worried or stressed. I am pretty relaxed and positive. The thread only went on because I explained why I am sure I can not have conceived much later, after a positive pregnancy tests...maybe Powell does not know much about charting and conception so I listed my reasons for better understanding to say I can not know the exact age by day, but I can see the Ultrasound measurement differs a good deal from our time frame of conception.
I am neither stressed nor worried at this point since my son measured small, just interested in experiences where babies measured small in the beginning and it wasn't due to late ovulation :)

Well I shared my experience with you.. good luck to you, I hope it all works out for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->