• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Baby milk and food in America

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Hey! First of all i cant help but brag...

I am going to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR SIX WEEKS!!! at least!! wooooooop!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sorry - i had to get that out!

But the reason for the post is, I cant take tom's catheters, milk, nappies and food - I will have to buy it all out there. I doubt very much they have Cow and Gate out there - so what are my choices? what do you recommend?

wow!!! lucky u!! I have no advice, but im very jealous!! make the most of it!!

Jealous here too :( We use Nestle Good start for Hannah (they sell it in the States--not sure about Hawaii but I know Texas has it)

I am cruising from LA to hawaii every two weeks, so i will pick it all up in LA

Wow that sounds great, no ideas on the milk tho!! x

Here they sell Similac, Nestle (Good Start), Infamil (sp?), and maybe some others ones depending on where you go.

Hope you have a fab time! Sounds fun!

We use Enfamil Gentlease for Charlotte, works really well. It's for fussiness and gas, they have one for frequent spitter-uppers (AR) and just regular Enfamil as well.

Get a whole bunch of your normal C & G and ship it to yourself in a box to your hotel. Insure it (in case it gets lost or damaged thats expensive stuff.) And give the hotel a call to make sure they have your box before you go :)
:hug:

Awww wow thats sounds amazing hun, how come ur going? Me being nosey lol xx

I use Enfamil for Lola-Rose,and never had problems with it.:)
They do have Cow & Gate and Nestle so the choice is pretty wide.

Have fun in Hawaii!

I found this...

Some people use those vacation services that will buy all the stuff for you and ship it to where your staying... but they add convenience charges etc...

I found this little tid bit just now, noticing the sticker shock comment for Hawaii travelers like you... not sure if that's even meaningful considering the differences in our economies.

https://travelingmamas.com/2008/04/03/your-questions-answered-vacation-delivery-of-baby-supplies/

• Here are some other options for you to consider for your upcoming trip:
  • Buy the items at your local grocery store and ship them yourself. This could be less expensive for you in the end, but consider the convenience factor. It’s more hassle-free to sit at home and select your supplies, enter your vacation destination address, and hand over your VISA number, without schlepping a box to UPS yourself.
  • Just bring all your baby supplies on the plane with you. Remember, though, with airlines starting to charge for extra bags, and increasing “heavy baggage” fees, you may not save any money in the end.
  • Find out if your hotel or resort offers grocery-stocking service. Again, you’ll want to compare the total price of this concierge service to a service like Babies Travel Lite.
  • Wait and buy the baby supplies once you arrive. In Hawaii, you may find yourself with sticker shock, however, since groceries are traditionally more expensive on the islands than in the continental U.S. Also, factor in whether you want to spend part of your first day on the glorious Hawaiian Islands hunting down the local Wal-Mart. You may want to take advantage of Babies Travel Lite, and spend your first day in paradise on the beach!
  • Kari, I hope you’ll let us know how you decide to get your baby gear to Hawaii. Best wishes for a great trip!

Going in Jan/Feb for 6 -10 weeks. I am considering getting everything shipped to LA as the cost of his catheters (5/6 a day) could be as high as the shipping cost. I will look into that travel lite thing tho! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"