Baby monitors tommee tippie vs angel care

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Swanny, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

Can I have your views please? Tommie tippie one is about half the price and I'm wondering what angel care has that makes it worth £40 more?

x

2. MommaCC

MommaCC Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I read about a million reviews about both the tommee tippee and the angelcare and the both came out so similar we decided to go with the tommee tippee one as we thought the extra Money could go a long way to buying something else we need also.
    But I must stress I'm only going on what we read as our little mans not here yet and we haven't had chance to try it out.
    XxxxX

3. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

Does the tommee tippiee one detect heartbeat as well as movement? I think the angel care one does doesn't it?

4. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

I did the same as mommaCC then saw someone had a tt monitor for sale in the buy,swap&sell section on here so I bought that... we tried it last night (as much as we could obv) and I'm pleased with it.

I don't think angelcare detects heart beat no... tt one clicks and flashes a green light when movement is detected and as far as I'm aware that all angelcare does.
    Angelcare does have a room temp gage and there are tt ones that has this too but not the one for £40.
    hth

5. Tasha360

Tasha360 Mum to four 6 and under

iv got the tommee tippee one and still use it now sometimes, its great and only £35 in homebargains if you have one near you xx

6. 0400772

0400772 Im having a baby!! :)

If its just the monitors then i think its safe to say they both get similar reviews, but if its the one with the sensor mat thing angelcare definately gets better reviews!

Tommee Tippee got bad reviews for batteries, and static on most . x

7. Incubator

Incubator Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is very helpful but after buying several duff monitors, including a tomy one, we went for the BT 150 and it's brilliant. We're about to have baby number 3 and our LO still has a monitor so we bought another of the same because we love it so much.

x

8. minkymoo

minkymoo Well-Known Member

I went for the Angelcare sound and movement monitor as, personally, I seemed to find that this had far better reviews than the TT one. I have also noticed that they still sell for a good price 2nd hand on Ebay so will do that with mine when I have finished with it.

9. pumpkim

pumpkim Well-Known Member

We went for Angel Care movement and sound based on the reviews we read, it's more expensive but we had gift vouchers to spend so used those.

10. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

They had the angel care one on offer in babies r us for about £64.99 from £79.99 but was sold out. On the website it's still full price :(

11. pumpkim

pumpkim Well-Known Member

Not sure if they do it on everything but Toys R Us let us buy the mattress for our cot and moses basket stand at sale price even though they were out of stock and they called when they came back in stock for us to collect.

12. beauty

beauty Well-Known Member

There is a new TT one which seems to have a room temp on it.. most on sale are the old ones with no room temp.

THIS IS NEW ONE (with room temp);

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-.../A-_-Tommee Tippee Suresound Ultimate Monitor

THIS IS OLD ONE (with no room temp)

https://direct.asda.com/Tommee-Tippee-Sensor-Monitor/002654682,default,pd.html

Looks like the new TT is around same price as the angel sounds both do the same but i think the AC covers more distance wise and seem better on reviews.
    x

13. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

14. KatieB

KatieB Well-Known Member

We just bought the Tommee Tippee Suresound Ultimate Monitor with the movement sensor pad and room temp control. We tested it yesterday and it's great and it was reduced from over £100 to £65. I'd say both are good brands and do the job well :flower:

15. beauty

beauty Well-Known Member

It says its got the room temp on there so yeah it seems to be the new one x

16. ems1

ems1 Mummy to Twin Boys

I got my anglecare monitor with movement sensor from amazon for about £55. My OH read all the reviews and decided 2 go with angelcare. x

17. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

We got a Tomy one for about £20 and it has done us plenty fine for two years and counting.

18. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

Tommee tipppee is great. Had no problems at all. A real lifesaver as i dont think id of slept with out it

19. Fabby

Fabby mummy to my amazing boy x

we have gone for the TT one - i didn't find much difference in the reviews xx