Baby Monitors

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by KateH & bump, Dec 11, 2009.

1. KateH & bump

KateH & bump Active Member

Morning All

Was just wondering whether I need baby monitors before my bubs arrives? or will I only need them when he moves into his own room?

If I do need them - any advice??

I have seen the ones with motion sensors under matress etc etc or is simple better?? less to go wrong???

2. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I've got one so I can hear him cry when he is upstairs of a night eime (before I go to bed)

3. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

I found this 1 thing i hardly ever used.

Amber was usually awake when we went off to bed. She slept in my room until i moved out 8 months old.

When moved into new house, used on night time, it just disturbed my sleep more than anything, kept sounding like someone else was in her room.

Dont think be using them with this baby, but still got them. I wouldnt say buy the really dear ones.

4. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

i never used mine until they were about 3 months old and started getting put up to bed in the evenings before us

5. Boomerslady

Boomerslady Well-Known Member

I can't afford one just yet, but LO will be in with us for a good few months, so I don't see the need.

Also our flat isn't the hugest of places, so if I leave my bedroom door, and nursery door open I should be able to hear everythng anyway!!

I'm going to play it by ear.

6. cutie4evr01

cutie4evr01 Well-Known Member

I'm getting one, but my house is quite large and rooms are far apart.

7. new mummy h

new mummy h First little princess!!!!

we've not bought one yet - i have no idea which one is best!? i ve seen that sensor one your on about and it does look good x