Baby names...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by tessiekins, Nov 15, 2011.

1. tessiekins

tessiekins Well-Known Member

Ok so we find out the Gender next Thursday, exciting stuff :happydance: We're just discussing names at the mo and we have agreements and some disagreements so just wanted some opinions lol...

For a boy:
    Sebastian David Rothery
    Isaac
    Miles

For a girl:
    Eva Juliette Rothery
    Rose
    Darcey
    Faith
    Hannah
    Isla
    Mia
    Phoebe
    Sophia
    Yasmin.

(I know, more girl names..whoops! Hahah.)

Our surname is Rothery as I'm sure you have guessed, I like Sebastian and Matt loves it but I'm just worried it's a little too 'out there' and people will take the mickey.

xxx

2. megrenade

megrenade Well-Known Member

I love the name Miles for a boy.

And for a girl, the only one I dislike is Yasmin because it reminds me of the birth control that got recalled - hahah.

3. tessiekins

tessiekins Well-Known Member

Haha true.. we both like Miles, that was one we actually agreed on as well, but I don't want kids to tease.. although I suppose they'll find anything.. doh! xx

4. babyv_s2012

babyv_s2012 1st little princess

I like Sebastian- why would you think its too out there? I went to school with a Sebastian and noone ever mentioned his name in a bad way.

For the girls i love Sophia (my niece is named that) Phoebe is so cute too
    not keen on Rose or Faith.

5. littleANDlost

littleANDlost Mummy to a Little Darling

Sebastian was going to be our boy name so thats my fav! I like Eva Rose though as well!

think Seb for short for Sebastian. We had chosen it as my fav film is never ending story and the little boy from that is called Bastian, which we thought was a little out there so went for Sebastian!

6. AngelUK

AngelUK Mummy of twin boys

I love Sebastian! It was always one of my choices but OH who is Greek Cypriot thinks it's too English. I don't think it is out there at all but a rather traditional name. Depends of course on where you are in the world.
    For a girl's name I like your first choice best I think, Eva Juliette. :)

7. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

I love your names and I can't stand most girl names - yours are really good. The only one I don't like is Yasmin because it's the name of a birth control pill!

I liked Phoebe for a girl but my OH was like 'so are you just going to keep choosing names from the cast of Friends, then?'

8. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

I LOVE the name Miles for a boy. My little brothers name is Milo and it was going to be Miles but my parents changed it last minute. I also love Isla for a girl, or Rose. Both very pretty names.

9. bumpbear

bumpbear First time mama

Oooooh, I like Darcey for either a boy or a girl. Not seen it commonly used.

I also like Senastian, Isaac and Isla from your list.

10. Siuan

Siuan Well-Known Member

I have a contact on facebook whose youngest sons are Seb (Sebastian) and Kai (Malakai) and I love both names!

If I was having a boy, I'd have probably stolen one or the other of them!