baby not moving at scan

Lyo28

Reaction score
At my 9 week scan we saw a tiny movement of the legs. I just realised that at my 10+3 we didn't see any movement. Now it was only about a 60 minute scan. She basically just measured and saw things were ok and that was that as it was just an extra reassurance scan. My 14 week scan will be a normal longer one. But what I am wondering is at 10+3 is it normal not to see movement. I suppose it was only a short one and maybe he was just asleep? I just see so many people saying their babies were jumping around that it got me wondering...

its normal they go through periods of sleeping lots, dont worry :)

At my scan at 11+2 I saw very little movement so I'm sure it's fine! There was a really strong heartbeat and the doctor didn't seem worried so I didn't worry either! I'm still considered low risk too so I'm sure it's fine! All we saw was a hand moving a little when the doctor pressed harder so we assumed baby was asleep and comfy! I'm sure your baby's fine too! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

I had a 12 week scan this morning and there was no movement-- baby was just lounging around and everything was fine.

I think they can be asleep for around 20 mins at a time in the womb. Wehad our 12 week scan and my daughter was moving loads. At the 20 week scan she was so lazy, we coulnd't even get her measurements properly. Nothing to worry about

Im sure baby is fine & just sleeping :)
An hour?? How long do they usually scan you for at nhs scans??

At my 12+5 scan baby wasn't moving either. We saw a nice strong heartbeat, and didn't worry about it. A week later (this past Thursday) at our 13+5 scan baby was kicking it's little legs and moving it's arms around, and then in the middle of the measurements decided it wanted to lounge and stopped moving around. Don't worry!

Up until about 32 weeks, babies sleep 90-95 percent of the time... :flower:

When we had our scan (at 11w+1) the baby didn't move, but we didn't have much chance because they pause the screen to do the measurements, so we'd of been lucky to see the baby move anyway. if you know what i mean? I was surprised how quick they do the scan, basically we were in and out, that's why I'm really looking forward to the 20 week scan as you get to watch the baby for longer.

xxx

Mine was the same the other day, could see him/her shrugging it's little shoulders and shaking the head.
Was quite creapy and cute like the scanner was irritating him/her and they were shrugging it off.

When I had my scan my little one wasn't moving very much. It put it's hand up by it's head. Then when the lady scanning me pressed the wand thingy into my tummy we saw it's little legs move as if it could feel the pressure. That was about it!

Sorry yeah I meant 60 seconds of course!

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully my baby will move a bit at my 14 week scan as it would be nice to see. I don't feel too worried after reading your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->