Baby not slept all day is this normal?

justthestart

Reaction score
Hi girls my lo is 4 weeks old and she literally has not slept all day, she is really grizzly and won't settle but she is not hungry etc. Should I be worried? Could this be a sign she is poorly?

At about 4 weeks my LO stopped napping during the day - up till then he had at least a big 2-3 hour nap every afternoon. Hoped it was just a one-off but he never went down during the day properly again - was gutted!

2 or 3 weeks later he started sleeping through the night so at least there was an upside!

He does get tired though but only sleeps when we go out, either in his carseat or a pram. Your LO could be grizzly because she's overtired?

I wouldn't worry just because of that but if you feel something is wrong maybe call your HV?

My 7 week old doesn't sleep much in the day anymore, and she hasn't for a few weeks. When she does sleep its only for around 20 mins at a time. She does get tired and I try to get her to go to sleep but that can be a struggle. Maybe take them for a walk, that usually helps mine to sleep for a little bit so they are not so tired.

Your baby will be so tired that they can't get themselves to sleep, once a baby becomes overtired they struggle to relax and drift off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->