Baby! Now! (Poll)

DnM

Reaction score
This has been in my mind for a bit more than two years only (I'm 23 though). It's weird because I've always seen myself as someone who would be a loner forever no matter what, and at times I've even considered just building up my career and being a single mother.

This feeling was easier to control when I was with my ex, who wasn't the most responsible or reliable person in the world. However, I met a wonderful man with whom I've been for a year. He is a stable, loving, amazing person -with an equally amazing family that I looove!- who swept me off my feet without me noticing :laugh2:

When he met me, I was a complete mess and an emotional train wreck because I was extremely stressed out with work and school. I had totally lost passion for my studies and felt terrible because of that. He somehow managed to calm me down, convinced me to quit my job, supported me when I wanted to take a semester off (that turned into a year because I spent 3 months with him in Denmark) and took me for a month long summer vacation to an amazing place. He turned my life around!

Some info about our situation now:

My lovely partner is 29 and has pretty much everything in his life figured out, so when we talk about babies he's completely supportive (and gets SO EXCITED that he can't hide it hehe) and tells me we can do whatever I want and he'll be there for me whether we have a baby now or wait :happydance: BUT... There are two things that make me feel a bit antsy when it comes to having a baby right now. First, I'm about a year and a half shy of finishing my B.A. (If I take summer semesters and completely focus on school), and second, my boyfriend lives in Denmark.

The sane and normal plan would be to wait patiently to get my degree, and then move with him and have our family, right? (I like it there a lot better). But since I spent 3 moths living with him, I feel that I miss him even more than when he used to leave before (he's a sailor). Not only that, but my baby fever has come back with a vengeance, and since I'll be going back to visit him for summer before the fall semester starts, I'm afraid I'll just throw the sane and normal plans out the window and just stop taking my herbal contraceptives.

So the question -finally- is: Do you think I should wait and get my degree now or just have a baby, and work things out as they come?

I voted to have baby later, just because I think your should finish your degree :)

As hard it is to wait, I'd say finish and get your degree. :)

Finish your degree. School with a baby (school being pregnant, even) has been the hardest thing I've ever done. It's stressful on so many levels. I think you'd ultimately be much happier if you waited until you were finished and were settled in your new home, job lined up, etc.

I'd definitely arrange your living arrangements before starting TTC as I understand you are not yet living together? I'd also advise you to get your degree first and get a job. If things go wrong you could be left with a baby, no supporting partner and no degree.

Your still young and there's plenty of time to have baby so I clue finish your studying and move to the same country first

Finish your degree, move in together, get a job and then ttc.
Xx

I voted baby later. I understand the urge to want a baby now.. but get your degree. It is hard enough as it is with the regular life distractions, imagine a baby who needs your attention all the time while trying to work on your degree. You have plenty of time, and you have an OH who is ready to try when you are ready.

Education first! Much less stressful! And make arrangements in the meantime so you can live/be married together.

Thank you all who replied to this post :)

Although my bf is crazy to just have me living there with him and we both can't wait to fill our house with babies, we've decided to keep taking the contraceptives and try to wait until I'm done with school. You all helped a lot put things in perspective --things that I knew, but needed to hear it from someone else and in regard to my situation. Thanks again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->