baby number 3 super scared not of m/c of birth retained placentas

vicky1210

Reaction score
Ok so pg with baby number 3
Previous iv had 2 dd ones 4 other 17month

I feel scared and emotional for some reason and its not about m/c
im a big believer in what is meant to be and I fell pregnant super easy

im happy that I can conceive and have another child but

I feel like no one has warned me of the dangers im facing......
reading the internet bad idea I know but im getting and reading things like....

I shouldnt of become pg with a 3rd after 2 very retained placentas

my 2nd I was in the theatre for 4 hours and im sure I nearly had a hysterectomy

im feeling like im putting my life and this babies life at some risk as iv also read about still birth in my situation

Can someone reassure me or has anyone had retained placentas
or even on baby numer 3/4 and scared xx

I had a secondary retained placenta with DD and am pregnant with my second at the moment. My consultant and midwife has reassured me that the risk of it happening is rare but increased if it has happened previously, however we have in place an aftercare plan to try and reduce any time it takes to confirm/deal with the situation. Everything has been documented in my current notes and my postnatal notes have been pulled to accompany my birth. Basically, they're as prepared as they can be.

Things like injection immediately, massage of uterus followed by full inspection and discussion over findings. 48 hours later scanning and bloods including tests for infection markers. Blood loss to be monitored and they will make sure they have my blood type available (B+) should it be required. D&C planned if required.

I think it's best to start the ball rolling at your booking in appointment and ask for reassurance and discussion over care. We have been hand held the entire time and I am having an early sweep next week to get things going to give us time to deal with any situation should it arise.

Thankyou so much for the response
my midwife has agreed to pull my birth notes from both pregnancies and discuss with me
I think im fearful as this is 3rd time as it happened with 1 and 2
I did have d and c withdd2 but I wasnt offered follow up scans or anything my aftercare for both was shocking really when i think now : (
But I will ask for a plan like u have
many thanks
and good luck with your birth xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel