Baby number 3?!

lily24

Reaction score
Hey everyone 👋

It’s been a while, but this site used to be my bible so I’m back!

I have two children, boy 10 & Girl 5.5.
We have been discussing if we are ‘done’ having family or do we go for it and add one more 😮
For me, it’s now or never - I’m not sure if I would regret not having another in a few years or not and that’s something I don’t want to happen..

Maybe I’m now just feeling ‘unwanted’ as my children are fairly independent now, maybe I just need to move onto the next chapter in my life and concentrate on ‘me’ for the first time in 10 years with career ect?! I’m Not sure, it’s something I’d like to hear some honest opinions/experiences on 👶😘

i have not been on b&b for a long time but popped on today to have a nose.
I felt the same as you as my youngest was starting school. I also had 2 boys and wanted a girl so much i had a crazy 2 months and got up one morning to a positive test.
I am not going to lie my first thought was what the hell have i done?
i had no nappies, bottles, baby stuff! I had just started going college again getting my freedom back and there i was...... 31 and pregnant with my 3rd.

long story short i had another boy and have started again with everything. i find it very hard, stressful, its hard on my older 2 as i have less time for them i have no time for myself now at all as ds3 is very demanding and i have no help around me. Taking out 3 kids is like mission impossible every time and being back to having to take half your house just to stay somewhere for one night!!

I am going to be very honest here and some mums might think of me as terrible. Dont get me wrong my 3rd is gorgeous and i love him to the moon and back again and would never ever be without him now but if i had my time again i would probably stick to 2, hubby said the same.

We are currently TTC 3!

Everything in Kats post are things I think about , will it be too much for me . How will my girls cope will I have enough time for everyone . But everything in me wants to give it another shot or I know I will regret it . This will probably be our last baby too . I will be pulling my hair out but these years don’t last forever. I find two stressful at times especially as DD2 is in the terrible twos mode.

How does your DH feel about more children

My baby no 3 is now 3 months old, I have a 6 year old and nearly 3 year old. Sometimes it seems chaotic and busy but to be honest the baby is the easy one! 3 seems like the right number for me and I'm so glad she unexpectedly decided to join our family!

We are currently TTC 3!

Everything in Kats post are things I think about , will it be too much for me . How will my girls cope will I have enough time for everyone . But everything in me wants to give it another shot or I know I will regret it . This will probably be our last baby too . I will be pulling my hair out but these years don’t last forever. I find two stressful at times especially as DD2 is in the terrible twos mode.

How does your DH feel about more children

i dont think i ever would have let go of having another to be honest. i just went for it. like you said these years dont last forever and i know that this stage will end eventually. its more the number for me. hubby works a lot and i only have 2 hands haha. had to get a bigger car bigger house as well but i think if its in your heart go for it or you might regret it later in life. like i said i cant imagine my life without him now and that in itself says a lot. xx

I think for me too whether it be now or in a few months/years I wouldn’t be able to let the feeling of another baby go either . Such a personal choice to make and one that’s obviously different for every family .

I have three. My dd is 6, ds is nearly 4 and ds2 is nearly 1. Life is crazy busy. My husband works long hours and my middle child has type 1 diabetes and other additional needs. I don't stop from morning until night, and I'm up in the night too. Sometimes I don't know how I plod on.

But my kids are such amazing little people. They have a wonderful relationship (most of the time) and I know as they get older they will have each other, as well as me, for fun, comfort and support.

It was a lot to commit to to add ds2 to the family. We needed an extension, a bigger car and I had to consider my other children's different needs. Sometimes I feel very guilty that I don't do as much I want for them all.

But Ds2 is a joy, such an easy going, happy baby. His brother and sister love him and through the chaos we have such fun together. I wouldn't be without him, or any of them, for the world. Three is the perfect number for us.

This is something I've been thinking about too (not having number 3 now, but how I will feel down the track)..
Hubby and I only planned on having two, and hubby still very much feels that way (although I do feel I could possibly sway him if the circumstance was right). I feel 90% done, but there is still that very small part of me that wonders and doesn't want to shut the door completely.

Our situation is a little more complex as we have 13 frozen embryos on ice, and a big portion of my mixed feelings is to do with not giving them "a chance at life" (but noway would we be having 13 more children regardless lol). I have 2 beautiful boys too, so I do also feel at times it'd be nice to try for a girl.. but I know odds are not in our favour so would never do it based off that desire alone.

Ultimately I haven't made a set in stone decision.. I don't think my stress levels could handle a third, nor our financial situation. I'm also about to turn 33, and I don't fancy being 35+ and pregnant.
Hubby and I have talked about donating the embroys, and it's def something we will think about more. I'd really love to, but my reservation is that I'd love to also have a daughter, and it would be hard giving those embryos to other couples knowing they would probably get my biological daughter that I have craved. If I already had one of each, I'd have zero issues what so ever.

Anyway, best of luck on your decision making. Hopefully whichever way you go, it feels right for you :).

I think if you’re questioning ‘the now or never’... you just need to do it, you’ll never regret having another one, whereas, you may wonder ‘what if’ in the future if you don’t :) . We have 3 and it’s the best decision! In a years time, my husband and I will be having the same discussion about the fourth. But then, we are defo done hahaha x

I've not long had number 4 and god it's hard.. not the baby though, my others!! But number 3 wasn't any different from having 2 in my opinion and I'm glad we did it. This one was difficult as it happened unplanned and i mentally was not ready at all. If it's it your mind to have more than 2 then i would go for it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->