Baby number 4, 3 under 3

maryanne1987

Reaction score
So happy to be back in first tri. We got our bfp yesterday which means our house is gonna get a whole lot crazier with three under 3. Baby is also due the day after my birthday which makes it even more special. Can't explain how happy I am!!!! Anyone else have close age gaps? Be interested to hear any advice you may have with coping with so many little ones.

Congratulations! Yes! I had 3 under 3. This month, I will have 5 under 6. Yessss, I am crazy. Welcome aboard the crazy train yourself! Lol. I love my Oldest three so close in age (currently 3, 4 and 5). They all have their own individual interests, but they are all best friends! It's amazing!!! It is a lot of hard work, though, as you can imagine. There is a lot of fighting over toys, so sharing is something that gets worked on all the time. We currently do a 5-minute timer if two (or more) people want to play with the same toy (even if we have multiple of something! They all want the same one!). The kids agreed to the timer and love it. Other than that, our issues are few and far between. Leaving the house on your own with them can be interesting, though, until they learn to stay together all the time.

Congratulations! Yes! I had 3 under 3. This month, I will have 5 under 6. Yessss, I am crazy. Welcome aboard the crazy train yourself! Lol. I love my Oldest three so close in age (currently 3, 4 and 5). They all have their own individual interests, but they are all best friends! It's amazing!!! It is a lot of hard work, though, as you can imagine. There is a lot of fighting over toys, so sharing is something that gets worked on all the time. We currently do a 5-minute timer if two (or more) people want to play with the same toy (even if we have multiple of something! They all want the same one!). The kids agreed to the timer and love it. Other than that, our issues are few and far between. Leaving the house on your own with them can be interesting, though, until they learn to stay together all the time.

Thank you! I go through being super excited to terrified and then back to excited. We love the age gap between our two youngest though (14 months), they get along so well and I honestly haven't found it too difficult so hoping it will be the same with this one. I am nervous about what people with have to say though. People were so rude to us last time about the age gap we chose.

What did you do pushchair wise? My daughter will be 2.5 and my son will be 16 months when new baby arrives.baby

I tried but only managed 3 under 4 due to RMC.
It was fine have 3 little ones actually, busy obviously, but felt right juggling them all. Now I'm baking #4 it's a different story, I'm tired and grumpy the house is a wreck and the kids watch too much tv :haha: still loving it tho lol x
I've used a phil and teds double, proper workhorse buggy done 100's of miles in it. Also stretchy wrap was highly convenient in the early days, especially as my youngest was 5 weeks early and a bit delicate! I carried the little one and pushed the other two!

It was fine have 3 little ones actually, busy obviously, but felt right juggling them all. Now I'm baking #4 it's a different story, I'm tired and grumpy the house is a wreck and the kids watch too much tv :haha: still loving it tho lol x
I've used a phil and teds double, proper workhorse buggy done 100's of miles in it. Also stretchy wrap was highly convenient in the early days, especially as my youngest was 5 weeks early and a bit delicate! I carried the little one and pushed the other two!

Thanks dan-o. Congratulations on your pregnancy, so pleased for you. I use a joovy caboose ATM for my two youngest so might use that a just wear the new one. I'm a baby wearing consultant so I have plenty of wraps. I suppose the only part that makes me nervous is getting out and about. I am looking forward to having another little member of the family though.

Thank you! I go through being super excited to terrified and then back to excited. We love the age gap between our two youngest though (14 months), they get along so well and I honestly haven't found it too difficult so hoping it will be the same with this one. I am nervous about what people with have to say though. People were so rude to us last time about the age gap we chose.

What did you do pushchair wise? My daughter will be 2.5 and my son will be 16 months when new baby arrives.baby

People can be very rude! I get nice comments now, but when my kids were younger (2.5, 11 months and a newborn), I got a lot of the stupid questions and comments. Now, I just get, "Wow! Look at all of them!" And "you have your hands full!" Also a lot of, "How do you do it?!" So I hope you'll outgrow the statements and questions, too.

I wear my infants, especially my newborns. When my third was born, I pushed my older two in a double stroller and wore my younger baby. It was really nice. If my OH was with me, OH would hold our older baby, and I'd wear our younger baby, and we would hold our 2-year-old's hand or push him in a stroller or shopping cart. It always worked out beautifully!

Congratulations!

Our age gap is going to be 12/13 months so tiny but no experience of what it'll be like yet :haha:

Congratulations vanilla. We have 14months between 2 & 3 and it's such a fantastic gap. They are so close.

I hhad three under three at one point.

Im not really a schedule gal, but routine had to happen at certain points of the day. Like have them all take nap at the same time, so u can get a break, for example.

I did loads of babywearing, which was a must to get anything done around the house.

A double stroller and wearing the youngest was a life savor for me.

When shopping park near the cart return and put kids in cart before even walking into the store. Works great when leaving too.

Watch your core muscles. They can easily get weakeend w so many pregnancies so close togrther. Id sugest chiropractic work and physical therapy postpartum. Deep tissues massage on lower back.bc w that many deliveries so close together it can rrally cause back pain.

Go to the dentist as soon as you are postpartum and able. My teeth were in bad conditions likely bc i breastfed abd or was pregnant for like 5 years straight.

People will give u dirty looks or make passive aggressive comments. Ignore them. Or try to. I know it really works me up at times. But jsut rememver it will get easier. I think by the time my youbgest was 3 i truly statted seeing how much easier it was for me compared to ladies that had large age gaps. At first it is hardwork bc there is so much to juggle. But once u get into a groove, follow it. Never expect to be on time lol and do whatever it is u have to do to survive. It foes get easier tho and its def worth it!

Oh my gosh, hi frienddd!!!!!
So happy to see you!

I had 3 under 2 lol. My DD was 21 months when my twins were born...she's special needs though so it was like triplets for a while
And now she's still way behind so more like a 3-6 month old and her brothers have surpassed her ...but routine like others have said is def biggest help for sure !! You'll adjust though. It'll be fun !!! lol

I had 3 under 2 lol. My DD was 21 months when my twins were born...she's special needs though so it was like triplets for a while
And now she's still way behind so more like a 3-6 month old and her brothers have surpassed her ...but routine like others have said is def biggest help for sure !! You'll adjust though. It'll be fun !!! lol

That must be amazing having them so close. Sorry to hear about your daughter, my eldest son Is severely autistic, he needs a lot of care but he's such an amazing boy. We were upset as my daughter has also been put under a paediatric team for suspected autism too but I'm ok with it now as it doesn't change who she is. And I know I can manage regardless of the outcome. I am really excited though about the new addition. Even though I know there will most likely be crazy times ahead.

That must be amazing having them so close. Sorry to hear about your daughter, my eldest son Is severely autistic, he needs a lot of care but he's such an amazing boy. We were upset as my daughter has also been put under a paediatric team for suspected autism too but I'm ok with it now as it doesn't change who she is. And I know I can manage regardless of the outcome. I am really excited though about the new addition. Even though I know there will most likely be crazy times ahead.

I def understand this!
My second child was DXed w autism when he was a little over a year old. He is mostly nonverbal and is 5 and a half and still not potty traibed. He is a smart loving fun boy though. But yes, sometimes it is like having a 40lb newborn. But no matter what us moms adjust and somehow we always work thibgs out

I'm sorry to hear about your son guppy. It's hard because although I hate my son struggling the autism makes him who he is and he's such an amazing boy. And if my daughter is diagnosed too then so be it. I have had moments since getting my bfp where I've thought am I insane? How will I manage? But then I look at DS playing with his younger siblings and how happy they all are and I know we have made the right decision to add to our family and I will find a way to get through.

Thankfully I've not noticed any problems with my teeth in pregnancy, nothing has ever been picked up at my routine appointments although it was/is nice to be covered by the nhs mat exemption and not having to pay for a while yay :haha:

maryanne - I'm sure it will all work out in the end, keep positive, they will all have a lovely bond together . :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->