baby number one and to many questions...

Awolf90

Reaction score
so this is baby number one for my husband and myself. i am about 6 weeks now and super excited but the morning sickness is insane right now and just getting worse. the other day at work i got so dizzy and sick that i was taken to the clinic and then had to go to hospital for dehydration. it has been extreamly hot here.

i need to know how do you tell you boss your pregnant? ive read some people just tell them while others write a letter. i want a risk assessment done but yet again no idea how i should ask. i have not got my first ultrasound done and wont for another month so we are estimating the due date and how far along i am. i wanted to wait till the ultrasound but now im not sure i can.

if anyone has any advice that would be great since i have to go to work monday morning and my boss will be there.I have no clue what i am going to say.

It kind of depends on the situation and what your job involves. For example if you work with radiation etc then absolutely you need to come clean ASAP to remove your baby from risk. If however, you work in a low risk environment you could always just play sick or just say nothing until you feel you want to.

Different countries have different policies on when you have to tell you boss to be eligible for mat leave, if that's something which might apply, but it's usually much later down the line.

So, what do I do..? Well first pregnancy I told my company early and regretted it as they passed me over for a promotion, with my daughter I said nothing until I was 25 weeks and I was so huge everyone kind of assumed it but no one asked me. It was hilarious! And with this one, I haven't quite decided how I'm going to play it. Probably same, leave it as late as I can. I have never mentioned it before first scan if that helps.

Personally I hate the stupid stuff people say to pregnant women so the less time of that, the better!!

so i work with paint where i am at a daily basies moving and tiniting 1-5 gallon pails of paint all day long and running around. what do you think

i work with paint i have to move and tnit it all day long is that a bad thing?

With paint, you might want to tell them soon as pregnant ladies shouldn't be inhaling paint fumes.

If I were you I'd come clean earlier only because of lifting and the fumes

Otherwise I wouldn't say until at least 12 weeks

also you could ask a doctor about you working with paint and they could let you know what they think as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->