baby position?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by greenkat, Oct 10, 2008.

1. greenkat

greenkat Mummy of two

The midwife has written in my notes cephalic every time I've been since about 30 weeks - I know that means LO is head down but can she feel if bubs is facing forward or back or is that something you only find out once bubs is born?

2. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

I think they can tell, but I don't know what they would write in your notes......

3. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

I can feel where my LO is lying, think they say if its smooth then thats the back and if its bumpy or not rounded then thats feet up :shrug: I'm fairly sure though that they can tell... i seem to find it easy to feel my LOs legs and where his back is though!!

4. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

They can tell what position your LO is in from about 31 weeks. She knows that mine lies to the right and kicks me in the left side. They're very clever!! I always thought my baby was feet down for ages until she pointed out that the head I thought I could feel was actually it's bum!!!:blush: Poor thing doesn't stand a chance!!!

5. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I would've thought that if you know the baby's head down you'll have an idea of which way they are facing from where you feel kicks.

6. greenkat

greenkat Mummy of two

Thanks Ladies - I hope she can tell - I'll ask at my next appointment.

I'm just hoping to avoid the more painful back to back labour and I can't really tell how she's lying except that she has her feet in my right ribs, lol. My placenta's anterior so I think that's partly why I'm not sure - but that could just be me talking nonsense.

7. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

They can still move though... so at 36w it doesnt really matter. As long as they are head down by about then, it is harder for them to flip.