baby possibly breech?? how is your baby lay?

dandy2409

Reaction score
Hi i have seen my midwife and she literally had a quick feel of where baby was lay and said she thinks he may be breech but is unsure :shrug: surely she should have checked before confirming as she didnt seem certain whatsoever after a 2second feel of where he is.
Does anybody know how there baby is lay or how to figure out if baby has moved head down? this is my second pregnancy and i have looked at spinning babies etc and still have no idea. I have hired a doppler as lots of info i have read said its one of the best indicators to see where/how baby is lay depending on where heartbeat is?

I am 34+1 so i know there is still a bit of time for him to turn just extremely anxious.

Thanks

Im only 29 weeks but I know last time they checked baby was breech but was told they wouldn't worry what way round she was till at least 36 weeks!

I was same in mh first pregnancy and was told I would feel him flip and go head down but I nevef felt a thing - I thought he was still breech at 36 weeks - but was assured he'd moved and he had, they were suprised I hadn't felt it.

I'd try not to worry too much - ic they're not worried you shouldn't be x

My baby was breech until 36+2, I was sent for a presentation scan and he turned the night before the scan! There is still time for baby to turn but if baby doesn't they will probably send you for a scan after your next appointment

I went for a growth scan yesterday after a routine mw on Thursday saying baby was in a good position but bump was a bit small. Well baby is measuring great but he's breech.
My midwife said what was poking around my ribs was his big bum but it's actually his head!!!!
I've got a home visit planned for week on Sunday (37 1) where she'll feel if hes moved, and then refer for a scan. I hope he's moved by next appointment. If not then I guess it's ECV then if that fails a c section at 39w which I would like to avoid!
Not sure how.to.explain what head feel like, big and round I guess. Pokes out quite a lot but I guess many women.feel that and it is the baby's bum. Gl x

Thanks for replies.. few people told me that u can tell where baby is lay going off where the heartbeat is strongest? I've hired a Doppler to see where the beat is stronger and it is really low.down. does this.mean baby is head down? bit of a daft question but don't remember what it feels like baby being head down, bum up etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->