Baby Proofing!!

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
With a DD who is about to crawl (is up on all fours rocking all the time now :cloud9:) im seriously thinking about what i have to do do baby proof our home.

I know there are some obvious things we need to do but thought it would be helpful to have a thread with tips and ideas on how to keep baby and our stuff safe :thumbup:

My advice would be to get down on all fours and remove everything from that level LOL...My DS1 loved throwing the CDs on the floor etc..I wish you luck let the fun commence hehe lol

i was thinking about a baby cage...........no??? lol

i guess just make sure you safety gates and those things that go in plug sockets iykwim

also make sure there are no little bits on the floor that lo could put in mouth etc

Hehe DH might think im a bit strange when he sees me crawling around on all fours like a baby, but i like it. Great tip!! Ta!

i was thinking about a baby cage...........no??? lol

i guess just make sure you safety gates and those things that go in plug sockets iykwim

also make sure there are no little bits on the floor that lo could put in mouth etc

:rofl:

You can get safety packs from places like Amazon which have loads of bits for safety, like plug covers, bits that go around the door so it doesn't shut all the way, other bits that you stick on the corners of tables and what not.

The getting down on all 4s is a fab idea :thumbup: May look like a fool for a bit but who cares!!

we just did all the above… seemed to be enough, but now she's cruising. she realized all the fun stuff was up a level. now she's climbing things and falling a lot, not sure what to do from there

I bought a baby saftey pack and it was RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!! The door slammers are too small for my doors and the table cushions are too big for my coffee table :dohh: The only good thing was the plug covers and drawer lockers!!

Obvious one is to try and make sure there are no cables and wires lying around, some you can't do too much about really (TV etc) but remember not to leave chargers lying around... simple but easily forgotten!!

Baby gate? I have one to my kitchen as I have no stairs (We got given a free one) so he can't go in the kitchen unless I am there to let him.

Hoover, hoover, hoover!!! Evan is staring at crumbs on the floor :rofl:

I have a travel cot in my lounge with lots of balls in to put him in when I need to pop to another room, when they are crawling and cruising they can't be left alone! TV will be smashed on the floor :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"