baby pulls off then latches back on left nipple repeatedly...what is this all about?

fashionlover

Reaction score
I can't figure it out, in the last few days my daughter 2.5 months old has been pulling away from then latching back onto my left nipple. When I switch her to the other side she is fine. My milk is coming out really well on both sides so I am trying to figure out what she is doing...any thoughts? :baby:

Mine does this if she has some wind trapped. Although, around 4.5 months she took exception to one side and wouldn't feed from it without a lot of persuasion / different holds. Back to normal now! (6months)

Mine prefers the right, faster flow, faster let down, etc. Perhaps yours flow different they way the baby sucks?

My baby went through a period of only liking my left boob. Very annoying on the feeds which had to be the right! My DH joked that he'd be crying because he knew he was about to get 'Old Righty' :haha:

No idea why exactly, but it could be a number of things - too fast a letdown, too slow a letdown etc. My LO got past it and now is happy with either boob. Just grit your teeth through it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->