Baby refusing his milk, help needed please

weebubbles

Mummy
Reaction score
My baby is 8 weeks old and is being bottle fed.
He will take 3 ounces then go all rigid and scream like he is in pain and continues this while being winded as well.
He looks for more milk but screams when I give him the bottle.
I just don't know what to do to help him?
He used to take 5ozs every feed but now he will only take 3 each time.
This happens with both breastmilk (expressed) and formula ( I am using SMA gold)

If anyone has any experience or advice I would be very grateful.

it sounds like trapped wind to me, zach used to do this and even though he was hungry and wanted his milk, he couldnt take it because of the wind. does he bring his wind up easily? it does get better as they get older i promise.

oh and ur baba was born on my birthday wooooo

Yeah that sounds like trapped wind to me. Get up, walk him around, go upstairs, jiggle him around a bit, should help bring up the burps!

Kian does this...i find bouncing him on my knee and rubbing tummy helps. Also try infacol 10 mins b4 feed x

Try winding him lying down on your thighs on his stomache.
Good luck xxxx

my lo had this too hun at around that age.
-i tried burping/ infacol/ gripe water incase it was wind which helped a bit
-different teat sizes incase he was getting too tired of sucking to get milk out as fast as he wanted it, which helped a bit more
-went to dr to get him checked over for thrush and he did have a mild case which was treated but didnt seem to make much difference to feeding

with no obvious cause we carried on guessing and eventually he stopped for no real reason seemingly - guess it could have been any of the above, maybe worth giving gripewater/ faster teats/ checking for thrush a look in ..... but in the end i suspect he was just not that hungry at that time and was begging me to stop sticking the bottle in his face , lol.
at the time i felt desperate about it but it did pass and i dont think it passed because of anything i did (maybe just a phase) i did find that relaxing about it myself seemed to help him relax too... as long as he is stil gaining weight i would just check the obvious options and then try not to worry too much. a trip to the gp may reassure you that he is ok though :)

that was happening with Zack and it was reflux hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->