Baby Registry: When and Where?!

Agreed. I don't care if they buy off my registry. For me it was just suggestions to make it easier for anyone who's interested. In fact I have no expectations and had some ppl come that brought a very small token and I was grateful. All the big ticket items were purchased by my husband and I. We didn't have anything over $40 on the registry. Actually just one item a bouncer chair about $69. I wouldn't expect any of my ppl to buy more expensive stuff but then again none of us are wealthy or so called affluent. I'm happy with that. We had a blast at my shower, games drinks great food good people celebrating my daughter's new life. That's the true meaning.

I am very fortunate. I was amazed how much I was given to do shopping for my coworker. I think I ended up having our social committee spending (which I used to make his diaper cake) and then I stuffed/ overflowed it with presents from the money donations which was another few hundred. When my dad passed away, my mom made sure she found a good stepdad and community to raise my older brother and myself. I owe them both so much. I paid for my undergrad, but they just put me through my credential and master programs. I rent from them, and I get a huge discount so I can save up money to eventually buy my own place. When I was getting my teaching credential, they didn't charge me rent I just paid my utilities. My neighbors always went to my graduations. Very small town, takes a village to raise a child community.

I just want people to show up. I'm not in the best situation. If I'm being finally honest about it, this was an unplanned pregnancy. It was a one night thing with a friend of a friend I used to work with, our condom broke, and I took plan b two days later. We're not dating nor do we intend to date, and his support varies between what he thinks is right and what he wants to do. So if people just show up smiling I would be thrilled.

The fact that my coworker has said everyone at school will support me when I come out with the news, that they'll still want to do a shower at work next year, and she's been researching maternity leave laws and how the district has responded to women in my situation before... that means more to me than any gift. She checks in with me, if I can't stomach my lunch she'll slip me something of hers... that's really all I want.

Annnnd it does not help things that in the last 12 months I have adopted a ball python, two cats, and a puppy... So I have 5 pets. I'm moving the BP into the garage so I can move my dining table to my breakfast nook (which is just empty space/ dog beds) so I can set up the play pen there. My grandmother is going to hate that I'm letting the kittens keep the second bedroom and my baby is going to be in my room with me.

we started making a baby registry at Amazon and Walmart around 16 weeks i believe or something around there but its definitely not finished at all yet--- there's just sooooo much to look at and add. Amazon is the place that has the most by far. My walmart registry has just one thing on it because Amazon didn't have it.

we aren't buying or even adding clothes to the registry because we were given literally hundreds and hundreds of gorgeous outfits that will fit her for at least a year (from premature size and up).

I'm registering for lots of things but i think im just abusing the registry list for space-keeping really because I plan on getting most of the things myself. I just need a place to keep them organized until I go major shopping on what i planned to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->