baby room help

zlrckbdp

Reaction score
So, at my 20 week scan I was told I'm having a boy..
Then at an emergancy scan I was told I was having a girl.. the lady wouldn't take a second look for me because she wasn't allowed to tell me in the first place... She was just being a BITCH :nope:

If I wanted to get a privet gender scan I would have to pay $200 and travel to the next city over. Right now I don't have the money to spare, and I don't like traveling in the snow.

So we are team YELLOW :wacko:

Anyways we already painted the room blue, It sorrta looks like this color.

My question is, if I ended up having a girl, what could I do to make the room girly without re painting it?

You could add pretty polka dots or something like that? Maybe some clouds with little birds or whatnot? Personally I would try and stay as neutral as possible with the current uncertainty. :hugs:

I was thinking polka dots, too.

I found a few pictures on google that might give you some ideas, too. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 002norahs-nursery-500.jpg
    002norahs-nursery-500.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 6
  • blue flower nursery.jpg
    blue flower nursery.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
  • collage_1-266x300.png
    collage_1-266x300.png
    138 KB · Views: 7
  • Little_crown_girls_nursery.jpg
    Little_crown_girls_nursery.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    346.9 KB · Views: 4
And here's the last picture...this one seems better for ideas of what colors would go well with blue that still make it look girly. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Picture with bright colors.jpg
    Picture with bright colors.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
just add hot pink stripes or something i think it would look really pretty

That's actually a nice color in case you do have a girl and if you do, you could always add flowers, butterflies, etc to make it more girly. Or you could do an 'under water' type of theme so it's like unisex whether you have a girl or a boy and add fish and things like that!

Add brown! Our room is the same color blue on the top half of the wall, and chocolate brown on the bottom half. Was thinking of going pink/brown with baby's room but I am sticking gender neutral. We painted the walls white and are using monkey decals with wall height birch trees.

Just wanted to say I have a girl and her walls are light blue. I found butterfly wall stickers for a dollar at the dollar store and used those to add color like this

002-1.jpg

Hope this helps a little :thumbup:

Oh, I like!!
So many options.. I am so un-creative.
Thank-you girls. I doubt I'm having a girl, but now I wanna decorate for a girl :p

Definitely just see how things go hon :flower: Maybe your birth will be sooo much more exciting then, since you'll be finding out the gender! (for the third time :haha:)

I personally like blue walls with a girl. Before I knew my Alex was a boy, I had already bought a blue bouncer, just because I think girls can have blue things as well :cloud9:

Definitely just see how things go hon :flower: Maybe your birth will be sooo much more exciting then, since you'll be finding out the gender! (for the third time :haha:)
:

LOL, I never thought of it that way :haha:

My girls room is actually green. I kept 3 walls green. And just wallpapered one wall with white wallpaper with lots of different coloured spots on it. Looks just fine with all the girly pink stuff inside, but would be absoloutely fine for a boy too.
Maybe a feature wall would suit yours too?

We were told Brenna was a girl all along & her room is blue :thumbup: We did an ocean theme .. here is the set : https://www.google.com/imgres?q=kid...tbnw=179&start=19&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:19

You can do a lot with blue walls! I love the polka dot idea .. have fun with it :flower:

i would probably end up adding some kind of painted on white picket fence with some lavender color flowers around it. like a very garden feel. with butterfly's and clouds.

My girls room is actually green. I kept 3 walls green. And just wallpapered one wall with white wallpaper with lots of different coloured spots on it. Looks just fine with all the girly pink stuff inside, but would be absoloutely fine for a boy too.
Maybe a feature wall would suit yours too?

I like that! I would love to have to room done way before the baby comes, so keep it gender neutral.
Then change it to mach their personality more as he/she gets older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->