Baby Rowan is here!!!

VieraSky

Mommy
Reaction score
Rowan James was born on 5/21/11 at 5:21pm. He is the most precious thing in the world to me, and I love him so much. He was worth everything I had to go through during labor and the past nine months.

https://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m490/VieraSkyPirate/Baby/rowan014.jpg

https://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m490/VieraSkyPirate/Baby/rowan011.jpg

https://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m490/VieraSkyPirate/Baby/rowan080.jpg

I went in to the doctors on Friday May 20, and we talked about picking a day to induce labor if it didn't happen naturally within the next couple of weeks. We were going to pick Memorial Day, because that would have been the only day my OB would be in and able to deliver. So we left the doctors office and went to see 'Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides' and then went back to the hospital for an NST (non stress test) because we had to get it re-done for earlier that day. Everything looked great and they released us after an hour.
OH and I decided to go to the Build A Bear at the near by mall, and make Rowan his first teddy bear (a panda in denim overalls :) ). After that we went home, and he went to bed while I took a bath. Around 11pm that night I started having contractions. We called the hospital to see if I needed to come in, and the doctor on call said we could either come in then and get checked out, or we could wait for an hour and see if the contractions started spacing themselves out. So we waited (watched the newest episode of 'Bones') and the contractions continued to get closer together. So we went in.
They checked my cervix when I got in, and it was at a 3. They checked me an hour later, and it was at a 4. They admitted me, and moved me to one of the birthing rooms.
I was able to deal with the contractions pretty well for most of the labor. I lasted until around 2pm the next day when I finally couldn't take it anymore and asked for an epidural. They got it in, and literally about a half hour later, they told me that Rowans head was already down in the birth canal, and that I needed to start pushing. I ended up pushing for 2 1/2 hours. Rowan's head couldn't get past my pelvic bone, so they tried to use forceps to manipulate his head as I pushed to get it past and I could push him out. It didn't work.
So around 4:30, they decided that I needed to have a c-section. They took me and OH to the operating room (had him put on this white full body suit that looked ridiculous on him) and started numbing my body up. They put in as much as they were able to without putting me out. I could still feel them poking me a bit, but I wanted OH to be there when Rowan was born, and if they put me out, he wouldn't have been able to be there. Plus, I wanted to be awake for the birth of my son as well. So I told them it was working.
And at 5:21pm, Rowan was born. The happiest moment of my life.

Congrats on your beautiful son!!! Sorry you had such a hard time!!

Congratulations babe! he is beautiful - sorry u had to go thru so much X

Congrats!! He sure looks worth it!! :) you must be a very proud mummy!! Well done:) p.s. How big was he?

He is absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!!

Congratulations on Rowan's arrival - he's gorgeous!

Congrats! What a cute little boy and I love the name! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->