Baby Secrets?

Mrs-C

Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs
Reaction score
Has anyone read this? I saw an interview about it on tv and it sounds like it works. Just wanted to see if anyone had used it.

No sorry, be intresting if anyone has though?
Thought ide bump this up for you.
X

I have! It's one of the better ones, still quite rigid and to be honest I found the sections about eating/sleeping more useful than the routines... Routines in books make me feel like a failure :-/ and I don't need that on a daily basis! Like anything it depends if you want a routine or not, like I said it is one of the better ones and has some really useful info in there... Especially about dropping the dreamfeed and the secrets of sleep etc, there is a website if you wanted to look on there and there are reviews on amazon too, hope this helps xxx

I have! It's one of the better ones, still quite rigid and to be honest I found the sections about eating/sleeping more useful than the routines... Routines in books make me feel like a failure :-/ and I don't need that on a daily basis! Like anything it depends if you want a routine or not, like I said it is one of the better ones and has some really useful info in there... Especially about dropping the dreamfeed and the secrets of sleep etc, there is a website if you wanted to look on there and there are reviews on amazon too, hope this helps xxx

Thanks. I've tried no routine but I feel more together if I know when she's going to need feeding etc. :flower:

I have the book, I bought all the bloody books, Gina, Baby Whisperer, Babywise, Baby secrets, they all say different things so only served to confuse me. The baby secrets book does have some useful info in though.

At the mo, I am trying to see if my LO will fall into his own routine.

The only thing the books all agree on is establishing a bedtime routine. I am not sure if my LO is a but young for this too.

I have the book, I bought all the bloody books, Gina, Baby Whisperer, Babywise, Baby secrets, they all say different things so only served to confuse me. The baby secrets book does have some useful info in though.

At the mo, I am trying to see if my LO will fall into his own routine.

The only thing the books all agree on is establishing a bedtime routine. I am not sure if my LO is a but young for this too.

I can see how trying to follow more than one would be confusing. I've only got 'what to expect in the first year'. I don't really rate that to be honest.
I'm thinking, get one book and try and stick with the advice in that.

In that case I would def recommend baby secrets xx

I have started to use this on my4 week old, he's already in a 3 hour feeding pattern and sleeps pretty well but we could not get him to nap in the day properly and his long sleep was at the wrong time!
I was reluctant to try this on a babyso young but he had a bad sleep association and would only sleep if fed which was making things really hard...the eat, play,nap regime is brilliant and despite a hard couple of nights our lo slept inhisown room last night from 8 til 11 had a dream feed, slept til 4 am,had a feed and then dozed til 7am and this was only after a couple of nights

He is more content, we have a bit of an evening and also as first time parents it made us realise that we were getting his signs totally wrong and keeping him awake too long and running to him everytime he made a sound which this book has totally cleared up!I now realise it's ok for a bitofa grizzle before he naps whereas would run to him and basically wake him by mistake

I so wish ihad this book when I was pregnant and not the other ridiculous ones that are out there!

I think the book is really good. I got it from the library when LO was 8 weeks old. For me it helped just to figure everything out. LO was kinda falling into that routine anyway so the book just helped me to understand LO's needs.

I think you just need to take what you can from it and certainly don't beat yourself up if it doesn't all go exactly the way it says in the book. I wasn't able to leave LO to go to sleep untill he was around 4 months. He was just to young at 8 weeks and I found it really hard but when he was 4 months we managed it really well and now he generally goes down for naps with no bother at all.

The book really was a life saver for me. We follow a sort of routine now, I think the book just helped us to find our way and helped me to understand my LO better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->