Baby sensory and my 'scary baby'

kit10grl

Reaction score
Honeslty i want to be angry about this but really cant get over being upset for LO and her future.

We have started going to a baby sensory class last week. As robyns medical status can change so quickly and she can be back in hospitalso much we have such a nice class leader that she has made a special package just for us where we can carry lessons we cant attend from one block into the next block. they dont normally allow this so its really great of them so I was all excited about it being a really nice group and so good for robyns development with her being a little delayed.

Last week we went along and the group was really busy. The mats are set round in a semi circle for the group to sit on to start and last week it was a case of squeezing in, we got there a bit later so had to fit into spaces. so noone had a chance to avoid us it seems :nope:

This week we got there early, picked a space on the mat and by the time we started there was a space either side of me on the mats while the mums on the other side of the circle looked really squished. Clearly no one wanted to sit next to us. Robyn still has an ng tube in to feed, she is on a continous feed through the day which means she has a small backpack with her milk and pump in that is attached to her. so they all saw it last week, and were curious so i was open and explained it as i usually do and so everyone was suddenly keeping their babies away from it, Now i totally get they didnt want their baby to damage it and stuff but its designed to be worn by a small child so its pretty robust. In the last week she has earned a break time during the day as her rate has gone up for feeding so i had taken the bag off for the group so others wouldnt need to worry about it and robyn and i could move more freely and yet no one still came near her.

Like i said i really want to be angry for her that people are treating her diffrently but i'm just sad. I dotn know how long the tube will be in for, but i also dont know what other features of her syndrome will present in a physcial way as she gets older and i worry she will always be avoided or made to feel left out.

I worry people will only ever see the medical equipment and not the clever cheeky girl i see

Attachments

• IMG_1400.jpg
    IMG_1400.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 35
She is gorgeous hun. I reckon the other mum's are just worried about the LOs damaging her equipment. I know you say it's robust, but they probably don't realise just how tough it is. I would worry if I didn't know because Freya is always pulling at things. Maybe next week go a bit later and deliberately plonk down next to someone! I know you say she didnt have it on the next time, but they were probably still nervous about hurting her or damaging something. Not justified I know, but give them time . Try not to let it bother you (hard I know), you've got a brave, special little trooper right there and she must have inherited that from someone ;) x

Awww Robyn u wee beauty. Me and baby James would be happy to sit next to you, xxxx

You'd be welcome to sit with us. :hugs: People are such idiots sometimes. :(

awww shes so cute, and pfftt crazy people, I would also feel sad too on behalf of my LO for her getting treated different.

Aww, I'm sorry you feel sad. Did nobody make the effort to chat with you and LO at all? To be honest, some of the groups I go to have less sociable parents who only want to spend the 45 min sessions focussing on their own kid so you don't get any interaction even if you're sitting right next to them. I would also initially be afraid that my LO would yank your LO's tube out as she is a bit rough handed and goes for things without warning. However, if you've already explained that its robust and they're still keeping a distance, they're a bit horrid. Perhaps they just thought you might appreciate the extra space rather than avoiding you completely? Keep going and hopefully it will get better. :hugs:

Shes so beautiful. You must be very proud to have such a lovely girl. I guess people just dont know what to say or how to act when they see things that theyre not used to. It doesnt make it right to behave like that and i can see why you feel sad about what happened at baby sensory. I dont know what to say really, only that she looks very cute and i hope her medical condition improves and people can see past it. At the end of the day, all that matters is what you and the people closest to you think and sod everyone else!

She is gorgeous hun. I reckon the other mum's are just worried about the LOs damaging her equipment. I know you say it's robust, but they probably don't realise just how tough it is. I would worry if I didn't know because Freya is always pulling at things. Maybe next week go a bit later and deliberately plonk down next to someone! I know you say she didnt have it on the next time, but they were probably still nervous about hurting her or damaging something. Not justified I know, but give them time . Try not to let it bother you (hard I know), you've got a brave, special little trooper right there and she must have inherited that from someone ;) x

^WSS. My baby can be quite rough and I would worry about her hurting your LO or the equipment, however if you took the lead in initiating contact that would probably make it clearer that it's okay. I'm sure the other parents think your girl is lovely, they just aren't sure where the boundaries are yet :flower:

She's gorgeous hun any one of us mams would be proud to sit next to her! :) x

Your baby is so beautiful. I am sad for you only because people dont know how to deal with these things. I am sure they dont realise how much it upset you :( idiots!!!! i would of plonked myself right next to you and your gorgeous girl!

Robyn is absolutely gorgeous, you must be so proud. She reminds me of my LO with her hand in her mouth like that - so cute!

PS - she has the best name in the world ;) xxx

Our LO's are so precious to us it would really hurt to worry about them being accepted. I hope that people are just a little bit cautious out of ignorance and that they get over that soon. Robyn is so cute!

Aw hun, I would feel exactly the same as you! I can see the clever cheeky little miss that you see, she looks like a real character in that pic! Me and Edie would be happy to sit with you, Edie may try shoving Robyn's thumb in her mouth tho! Don't feel bad I'm sure Robyn will be fine as she gets older, she's got a great mum to take care of her! Xx

People fear that which they do not understand. Just continue being open and friendly, they'll come around. I bet they just feel like they don't know what to say.

She's lovely. Xxx

People fear that which they do not understand. Just continue being open and friendly, they'll come around. I bet they just feel like they don't know what to say.

She's lovely. Xxx

I agree with this. They may be afraid they say the wrong thing and upset you or something.
Although, i would feel hurt too, they are our precious babies.
It wouldnt bother me,and neither it should, in fact you probably wouldnt want to sit next to me as i would ask too many questions if you were happy for that.

She's gorgeous! I work with children with feeding tubes and other unusual equipment and I know people don't always know where to look or what to say, in my experience once they've seen it a few times then it soon becomes normal to them, but at first they may avoid you and Robyn slightly as they're afraid they'll say or do the wrong thing. I doubt it's malicious, if you show them it's nothing to be scared of they'll soon follow suit! :hugs: Xxx

There's no denying she is a gorgeous little poppet! And if people can't see past a little tube then they're not worth shit and I wouldn't want to sit near THEM! X

Hey huni , ur wee girl is beautiful :) I'm sorry she is not keeping too well :hugs: whereabouts in Scotland are u as me and my wee man would love to sit next to you and ur wee cutie xx

She's beautiful first thing I noticed was her lovely big eyes.
Ds1 had a catheter bag for the first month and people avoided us. One parent even said omg how could you f-ing come out like that its disgusting! From that day I stopped trying to hide it and had it on display for the world to see how proud I am of my little boy. I would have happily say next you and your daughter

She's beautiful first thing I noticed was her lovely big eyes.
Ds1 had a catheter bag for the first month and people avoided us. One parent even said omg how could you f-ing come out like that its disgusting! From that day I stopped trying to hide it and had it on display for the world to see how proud I am of my little boy. I would have happily say next you and your daughter

That is awful it's hard to believe people can say such things about innocent babies :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->