Baby Sensory or Baby Sign?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by CeriB, Jun 7, 2011.

1. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies :flower:

I have about 8 weeks left of maternity leave :cry: and thinking about doing one of the above - can't do both unfortunitely.

Anyone with any experience?

Which is best/most enjoyable for you and LO?

2. MissPiggy

MissPiggy Kayson and Bumpy-Sweep

i would say baby sign really the classes are more for you....you learn the sign and its up to you to carry that on out of the classes, however it is a fantastic skill to learn, and there is nothing better than when your LO starts to sign back to you! =)

ive never done/had the option of sensory so i cant help you there xxx

3. a_c

a_c mummy to one

we've just signed up to our third term of baby sensory - we LOVE it - so much fun for the lo's with stuff you'd never ever do at home. See if you can go for a taster session and see.

4. lynz98

lynz98 Well-Known Member

I would say baby sensory although havent done baby sign so not sure what that involves. I aways look forward to baby sensory and each week is a new topic. Lo loves it too so I would say go for it and enjoy :flower:

5. lisa9999

lisa9999 Well-Known Member

baby sensory gets my vote. It involves a lot of signing too, so best of both worlds?

We went to baby sensory for about 8 months x

6. pinkie77

pinkie77 Mum of four!

We're on the waiting list for baby sensory, hoping to get a place soon!

Although I have put her name down for sing and sign in September too ( they do it n terms and we were too late for this term plus I thought she'd get more out of it when she's a bit older)

7. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

We do sensory and they do signing within the lesson - they get so much out of it

8. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies!

I am signed up for Baby Sensory classes, starting this week, but just had a friend on FB start Baby Signing and wondered which would be best. Will stick with sensory I think!

TY:flow:

9. SmileyShazza

SmileyShazza I'm a mum!

We love our sensory group - we go every week. Now that Jack is starting to get a bit older he is getting more and more from it every week.

I'd like to try the baby signing but I think he is a bit young for that at the moment.

10. fairypop

fairypop Mummy to a lil' goblin

Ha ha I will go against what everyone has said!! I tried Baby Sensory but didn't like it, half the session was just spent sitting on a play mat where there were lots of toys and crinkly stuff, I prefer Sing and Sign as the whole session is involved and active with just a short playtime at the end. I suppose it varies on the tutor you have too!

x

11. KiansMummy

KiansMummy Guest

The baby sensory looks brill, shame there isnt any groups anywere near me xx

12. Mumtwothree

Mumtwothree New Member

I am torn between baby sensory and Jo jingles. Anyone been to both? And if so which would you recommend?

13. Nervous_1

Nervous_1 Well-Known Member

baby sign you can do at home - get a book or dvd off ebay, that's what I did and much cheaper too! :thumbup:

14. lisa9999

lisa9999 Well-Known Member

It is nice for the babies to interact with each other at the groups though I think :)

15. Nervous_1

I just meant that if she can only do one group she should go for sensory cos she can do the signing at home if she wanted to :flower:

16. Mumtwothree

Mumtwothree New Member

Great idea about getting a DVD - hadn't thought of that! So we can do "mummy signs" at home and an interactive class! Had a quick look on eBay - there are so many to choose from! Which did you go for Nervous_1? is it quite easy to follow?

17. Nervous_1

I went for baby talk. The dvd is really easy to follow, they do the sign, then you get a clip or a pic of the object, then they repeat the sign. Be warned though, it kind of gets monotonous if you try watching the whole thing right from start to finish as there are 150 signs! :haha:

18. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

We do baby sign and it is fabulous! All the babies love the class, lots of singing and actions. But to get the most out of it you really need to keep doing it for a while.

19. Pixelle

Pixelle 1 plus 1 on the way

We've been on a Baby Sensory taster session, loved it so much we're booked in for 10 weeks starting 22nd June!

Not been to Baby Sign but they do signing at Sensory.....

I've never heard a bad thing about Sensory, every class is different and the babies seem to genuinely enjoy it!