Baby shivers and milk intake 9 months

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by bump_wanted, Jan 23, 2011.

1. bump_wanted

bump_wanted Ollie's Mummy & Just Preg

Ollie is 9 months and recently he has started shivering frequently up to maybe 10 times at once... Hes not cold ir feverish just strange any ideas??

Also unrelated but hes really off his milk its dropped from 26ish oz a day to about 18ish has anyone else noticed this at his age i think its either him weaning his milk down or another tooth

Thanks xx

2. Mummy Vikki

Mummy Vikki Well-Known Member

Paige shivers when she does a wee ......... maybe he is doing the same :haha:

x x x x

3. A3my

A3my I am so lucky!

Alex is 8 months and I've noticed he does little shivers every now and again for no particular reason. Maybe its down to teeth? :shrug: edit - haha, I like your idea mummy vikki!!! :)

4. Miss Hamilton

Miss Hamilton Well-Known Member

I've posted previously about shivers and most blamed it on them having a wee lol.
    I've asked my HV and she said it was to do with tiredness. Little ones brain telling them they are tired while little one is telling the brain they are not!
    Got max back to his normal naps and we get less shivers.
    Also I noticed they happen when he tries a new food, as though he's not too sure of the taste or texture

5. A3my

A3my I am so lucky!

I think you're onto something there miss hamilton! My LO doesnt nap very well and its often in the afternoon I notice him shiver! Interesting isnt it! x

6. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

Not sure about the shivering hun. As for milk intake the max he needs at 9 months is 20 oz, he doesnt need more than 18-21 oz with his solids at 9+ months. xx

7. littleone2010

littleone2010 Mum of two girls

Im not too sure about the shivers, my lo is so wiggley these days I wouldnt notice if she did lol.. My lo this week has really dropped her milk intake.
    She has 3 meals a day and was having roughly 24oz of milk with it, now however she is having between 18-20oz I have tried everything to get her to have more but shes not interested. My lo does not have any teeth and does not appear to be teething at the moment, I think she is just dropping it naturally xxx

8. bump_wanted

bump_wanted Ollie's Mummy & Just Preg

Thanks for the replys everyone puts my mind at rest xx