Baby shoe size at 12 months (UK size)

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Sophie1205, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Sophie1205

Sophie1205 Mum to 1 and WTT

So it's Leo's birthday in December (and christmas) and we're looking to get him a pair of trainers as one of his presents but Im really confused as to shoe sizes. So at 12 months what UK size will he be??? :shrug:
    x

2. XxXBubsXxX

XxXBubsXxX 1 Littl'en but want 2!!!!

Depends if he is walking or not and weather you will be getting fitted trainers (ie clarks) My daughter started to walk at a year and i bought her a pair of clarks first shoes at 13 months which were a 3g. I think it depends on the size of the child. I think anything between 3 and 4 is about average but ive just got the 1 kiddy so thats a guess!!!

Good luck. xx

3. dali

dali Well-Known Member

at 12 months my son was a 4.5f at clarks, but shoe sizes differ from shop to shop so much, and so do the sizes from child to child.
    honestly i wouldnt advise buying in advance for shoes as they need to fit properly, and there is always a chance he may not be walking by his bday anyway , so they may go to waste.
    what i suggest is either buying a pair of shoes / trainers from somewhere less precise than clarks ( i mean just a standard pair of toddler trainers) in a larger size than you think he will need so they will fit later ( you can try them on now and then to see)
    or probaably the better option would be to put the money aside ( or in his bday card) and buy them on / just after his birthday if he needs them by then :)

4. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

Probably about a size 4 ish?? 3-5 usually, why don't don't you put some money aside then you can go shopping in the sales and make sure you have the right size:)

5. jazmine18

jazmine18 Well-Known Member

im not sure ..but i got sophia measured at clarks the other week and she was a 3.5G..she 9 months..but maybe she just has big feet...best to get them measured :)

6. Sophie1205

Thanks girls :) ill just take him out on his birthday then and buy him some :) x

7. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

Charlies was a 4G at clarks when he was 12 months, he was a 3.5g at about 9 months and hes now a 4.5G so he hasnt really grown too much!

8. HannahsMummy

HannahsMummy Well-Known Member

Hannah has tiny feet. She was measured the other day and is a 2F

I go her a 2.5 so she has a bit of room for growth, she's crawling and just starting to 'cruise' so I thought I'd better get her some proper shoes.

9. Sophie1205

thanks. all these sizes sound so confusing! whats with the letters? I dont get it! lol x

10. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

The letter is mainly from clarks and startrite its basically the width of the foot:)

11. Sophie1205

Ahh. Makes sense, thanks! x

12. mamalove

mamalove mum to 3 girls and a boy

My daughter was 5f and 5g at 12 months,letters are width of her feet.