Baby shower and party outfits?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by DarlingMe, Jun 1, 2011.

1. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

I have my baby shower, an anniversary party, and baby christening all the last month of my pregnancy. I dont have any nice maternity clothes! I have bought mostly a couple pairs of jeans, a pair of white casual pants, tee shirts, and a couple casual shirts. All of the places I have been to for maternity clothes dont even sell dress clothes. I hate to buy something online but I think I might have to. What are you expected to wear in the middle of summer when 8.5 months pregnant to these things??

2. jocelynmarie

jocelynmarie Well-Known Member

If you have a motherhood near you check them out. They have nice dressy clothes in the store!

3. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

Yes we have a destination maternity by us, which is motherhood and pea in the pod combined. They had either way casual tees and jeans or the other end of the spectrum like evening wear! No day dresses or anything. I did see a couple online. I am just thinking I have to buy atleast 3 new outfits to wear for all these b/c it is all the same people I will be seeing and withing a week or 2 of each other! Maternity cloths are not cheap, especially for outfits I will probably only wear twice each!

4. Amygdala

Amygdala Well-Known Member

Go for normal empire waist dresses! I have two cotton maxi dresses that both still fit and have more room for me to grow into and neither of them are specifically "maternity" and therefore weren't too expensive. You can also get nice tops/short dresses that you can wear over your white trousers for parties and that you'll still get use out of post-pregnancy. Dresses and tops that are wrapped over your front are great too!
    Another great way to save some money is to get one nice neutral maternity dress and then dress it up differently with scarves, cardigans, shrugs, shoes, corsages etc that you might already have or at least can use again afterwards.