Baby shower etiquette - husbands?

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
My baby shower is tomorrow. DH just called me, saying that FIL just told him it's proper to invite all the husbands over for beers while the baby shower is going on, and now DH isn't sure what to do. The shower is being hosted by my SIL.

I have never heard that it's proper to invite the husbands for beer, is this true?

Thats what all the boys have done with all the showers I've gone to :)

Same here and I am in the states. Boys always went to do something and then came back to load the cars up=)

My hubby didn't do it for our first and he isn't for our second but it's really not a bad idea if your hubby wants to do it. Might be something fun for him while you're enjoying your shower :)My DH is probably going hunting then Meeting me at home so I can show him every little thing I got lol!

I just invited all of the men to my shower and served beer and punch. One of my friends had an all female shower. I've heard of the mixed but separate parties that your husband is talking about too. There is no protocol these days. Do whatever you want. I mean what if many/most of your friends are guys? My friends are about 1/2 female, 1/2 male so I invited everyone :)

I wouldn't say it's the standard by any means, I'd say do what you want to do and don't worry what your fil or anyone else thinks ;)

I think you should just do what you want, if I was having a baby shower it would just be a big party with both sexes. Anything goes these days!

I personally like the idea of a girly baby shower as I can imagine the topics can be quite distressing for the guys :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->