Baby shower ideas? Games..themes..etc?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
Im due with a little girl end of October and my neighbor and her daughter are being so nice and throwing me a shower since I dont have any family/really close friends here...just wondering of any good shower ideas for themes and games...will be less than 12 people I think so nothing too huge or anything..just an at home small thing...

I know the baby food poop in the diaper one and the guessing the belly measurement one.. but no idea on others lol...there will be a few younger kids..8 and 11 there too so nothing naughty lol lol...

Baby food poop in the diaper? Do tell!!

What about buying a selection of the most 'interesting' flavours of baby food and making the mum to be guess what they are (blindfold) :)

Oh and make some posters with baby photos of the mum to be?

p.s. there are a few website that may help - I found this one :)

https://www.baby-shower-games.org/

Give 2 min to list as many baby items as possible, whoever can list the most wins. It gets really hard after the first few obvious items.

toilet paper/ribbon game. People have to guess how round your belly is by taking length.

Baby game, when everyone arrives give them a safety pin or something along those lines and every time they get caught saying "baby" they get one taken away by the person who caught them. Whoever has the most at the end of the shower wins a prize.

Baby trivia, have a set list of questions for everyone to answer and see who gets what icorrect and how many. Whoever has the most correct wins prize.

These are all that I can think of at the moment. If think of more will let you know.

Baby food poop in the diaper? Do tell!!

What about buying a selection of the most 'interesting' flavours of baby food and making the mum to be guess what they are (blindfold) :)

Oh and make some posters with baby photos of the mum to be?

The baby food poop in the diaper lol..you put globs diff flavors in diapers and make people guess what it is by smelling it and the color..lol..its more for the gross out factor lol lol!!!

I think we might do where people make some bibs or onzies for her...

have where people guess her actual b-day...time of birth...her height..and her weight....how much hair...and whoever gets closest in each category will get a small prize sent to them/given to them when they visit....

maybe have..whoever can eat the most babyfood **using the nastiest flavor possible lol..prolly some icky ham/pork meal lol.. :sick:**

get a bunch of songs together with the word baby in it, and play each one - the person to guess the title of each song 1st gets a point.

how far along will you be when you have your shower?

not sure how far along I'll be yet..they are coming over Saturday for us to pick a date and plan some stuff..I was thinking weekend of Saturday August 13th..I would be 30 weeks that next monday...that way we would have a month or two to get whatever else we didnt get from the shower...

Purse Scavenger Hunt (Materials-each guests own purse/handbag) Can be played in teams if someone arrives without a purse or handbag. A preprinted list is handed out to everyone with various items normally found it ladies bags and items rarely found in them. Example-the invitation to this shower, an overdue utility bill, any form of birth control, key chain with a baby picture, picture of a pet, expired voters registration card, grocery list, grocery receipt with toilet paper purchase. . .be creative and watch women go crazy empting out their personals for all to share! Assign a point system. Grocery list may only be worth one point, where a baby rattle is worth 10! Thanks again Pam for this wonderful baby shower game idea.

Who Sucks The Best (Materials: baby bottles with nipples all the same size, favorite drink or drink of choice for the group and timer). This baby shower game is a riot since it involves those who are participating to drink out of baby bottles and race to see who can finish the first. It is fun to time everyone and see how long it takes for everyone to finish. Have teams and race in groups with each group having a winner that moves up to the final. Also a great baby shower game to play if the baby shower is co-ed. Have the men of the group race to see who can win for their wives/girlfriends. One of our visitors to the site state they used Beer (sober driver please) as the drink for the men. Have a great time.

The Pacifier Pass (Materials: Pacifiers with handles you can hold and straws) - Break up into teams of 4 or 5 people and have everyone stand in a line facing the person in front of them. The first person will place a straw in their mouth and place the straw through pacifier handle and in their mouth (the straw in their mouth not the pacifier). When you say "go" the first person passes the pacifier to the next person who should have their straw in their mouth and lets the pacifier slide down their straw (without any hands and no contact other than the straw). Everyone on the team passes the pacifier from straw to straw, no hands, no contact but lots of fun. Thanks to Steph for this great baby shower game!

Baby Sock Game (Materials: 14 pairs of baby socks that can be given to the mommy to be after the game, timer). Take the 14 pairs of new baby socks of different styles and colors and mix them up. Next, start and timer and tossed them in the middle of the floor, each guest has 1 minute to try and "match" as many socks as they can. A very fun baby shower game.

Baby Scrapbook (Materials: Scrap book, ribbons, stickers, colorful pens etc) - A real neat baby shower activity is to make a baby scrapbook for the parent's to be. Give everyone a page to create borders, pictures, and little sayings so you can place them all in the book for the mother to be to use when taking pictures of the birth and on. It is a great way to have everyone participate in the memories. It is even fun to take a picture at the party of every baby shower participant and place it on the back of the page so you know who did the page for you and who attended the baby shower. Lots of times stores such as Garden Ridge, Hobby Lobby, Michaels have discontinued items that cost as much as a dollar and as little as 25 cents. Thanks to Mrs. O for this great idea.

thanks soo much Mama!!..these do sound fun!!! cant wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->