baby shower registry

bellaxgee

Alexa's mommy & TTC #2
Reaction score
does anyone check the registry to see what people bought so far?

my shower is in 3 days and i have to say, i am a little disappointed. i am hoping people just put off shopping and more will be taken off on saturday - but i'm getting a little worried that my hubby and i are going to have to go on a huge shopping spree before the baby. :nope:

lol I admit, I check mine, also. My shower is this Sunday, and out of almost 70 people attending, I believe as of right now there has been about 10 items purchased. I was super worried, too, so I decided to google what other have said. As I thought (and did for every shower I had attended), people are saying they noticed items being purchased the day before and day of the shower. Also, guests will buy what they want to buy...some of them don't necessarily want to go by the registry.

I'm with you, tho...I'm so scared OH and I will have to go on a spree to finish the nursery before LO gets here!

:shrug: How terrible that you have to buy stuff for your own baby?

I did with mine and up to that very day there were only 2 items showing purchased but i got alot more than that of course. Some didn't reflect online until the day after and some ppl didn't tell the cashier to mark it as purchase, so i even ended up with a few doubles. Also many ppl will buy you what they like and not necessarily anything that is on your registry. I had my baby shower early so i've gradually been buying the things i didn't get that i still need.

we have bought PLENTY of stuff - including all of the furniture and big purchases. i made sure to put things that were a variety of different prices so people do not feel obligated to spend alot of money.

i do not have a problem buying things for my own baby...

I have to admit to checking our registry too . . . we got lots of things from friends and family and are super grateful, though it does feel odd to know what we're getting & from who ahead of time. I wouldn't stress over it at all though, I'm betting many people will get you the items you need and even some that you didn't know would be useful. Have fun and be grateful :)

we have bought PLENTY of stuff - including all of the furniture and big purchases. i made sure to put things that were a variety of different prices so people do not feel obligated to spend alot of money.

i do not have a problem buying things for my own baby...

Exactly :thumbup:

I bought most things but still let others buy gifts for baby! I checked my registry weekly, and not much was taken off. BUT, most people did end up doing their shopping the day of the shower (since it was an afternoon one), and got plenty of things off the list.

Well why are you stressing if you have everything 'big'?

i wouldn't say i am stressing but there are things that i want for the baby that arent exactly necesities..like a swing, bouncer, movement monitor etc.

wowzaz wish we were more like over the pond! Would have saved me and OH a fortune!

I'm mostly just annoyed because my registry has been nothing but a pain in the butt! We went with a target registry, because it was great for the wedding. For the baby, the website has been nothing but trouble. I've actually been using the registry more as a way to tell people that we don't need something. I know a lot of people don't go by the registry, at least in my family, but I hope they'll see, "Oh, they already have XYZ, so I should buy something other than that." Like baby socks. We seriously have 40 pairs of baby socks. I can definitely say our baby's feet will NOT be cold!

I too went with Target (and Walmart) and I have been infuriated with Target the entire time. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's been a pain in the you know what since the day after I started it.

I have been told by my mother not to "cheat" and look at the registries, but I can't help it. Now I know why she said not to...there are some things that aren't "off" the registry yet that I was really hoping for. I didn't register for things that I thought were not necessary, so to see things like bottles, sheets, etc still on there makes me nervous. BUT, all baby really needs is me to start with, and that's what she will have. I may just have to fill in some of the blanks myself when it comes to material things.

No matter what, I know that in the end everything will work out. I am just so excited to see all of my family and friends on Sunday!

The other thing I liked about the registry is that you get like 10% off anything left on the registry afterwards, and I liked that, so I'm hesitant to switch from Target, but Amazon is looking better and better! Except for the fact that a few of my relatives don't have the internet and I already told them that I was registered at Target. I need to ask the hubby what he thinks...

I look back at myself earlier in the pregnancy and laugh. I panicked about clothes and we bought a lot of second hand stuff, despite my SIL telling me not to do it, because people would give us plenty of clothes. Now we have SO MUCH CLOTHES and we haven't even had the baby shower yet! Actually, the only things we really still need is a carseat and more diapers. :dance: The rest of the stuff, while it would be nice, is definitely not necessary. That realization makes me feel a lot better about baby's arrival!

I have been very happy w/ the amazon.com registry, except for things becoming "unavailable" rather quickly . . . we also registered at babies r' us but their website is very unreliable.

I actually can't wait until after the shower so I *can* go shopping and pick up the things we still need. Trying to not buy baby stuff before and wait and see what we get :) We do have lots of hand-me-downs too.

My mom had told me way ahead of time to not buy ANYTHING for the baby until after the shower since we have a huuuge family that all want to buy gifts for us and the baby. I will say between paying for co pays and hospital bills, having the shower and registry are a real life saver! I'm still under my dads insurance until I'm 26 (Thank you, Obama!) but once that bridge is crossed, I will have to pay $400+/month just for my own health insurance...not including dental or life.

Since I have most of the big items already, I was kinda using my registry as a gauge of how many were coming, 40 something people invited and 3 items bought off the registry. Shower is Saturday, I started to get worried but looked it up and saw that a lot of people do day before shopping and/or forget to give the cashier the registry list to scan. So hopefully my turnout is still nice.

Some people also buy the same item at other places. Or, like I accidentally did for my SIL's babyshower, they grab the wrong size of something, so it's not taken off the registry.

:shrug: How terrible that we have to pay for our own maternity care... so much of the money that we save for baby is eaten up by co-pays and hospital bills...:shrug: :shrug: (For me, that's an estimated $2500 from the moment we leave the hospital... let alone what we 'buy for our own baby'. The OP's stress is perfectly understandable. )

:shrug: How terrible that we have to put up with judgmental comments on our threads from those overseas from us.... :shrug:

It seems that most people don't buy things that are on the registry or if they do they don't get them to scan the registry to get the item taken off. I worry also, not beause we don't want to buy for our own child but because my shower is in January and i'll be 36 weeks so we will have to get the other stuff in a hurry. I also was told not to get anything because most likely the family will get the important things we need, so we are just waiting. My mother's gift to us is the crib and she will order that next month. A lot of items need to be shipped and I don't think people think about buying until the week before they just go out and get clothes. I was wondering if there is a nice way to write on the invitations that most items need to be shipped.... but I'm sure that's to tacky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->