Baby Showers?

Sweetpea7830

Reaction score
When do you hope to have your baby shower? My husband's family is throwing ours and I hope to have it prior to the 7th month so I don't have to worry about travel and so we can get the nursery set up in plenty of time in case baby comes early...

Any thoughts?

both my friends had it in their 7th month

I am having to. One for each half of the babies family. Its not cause they dont get along its just cause of traveling difficulties. The one my sister is throwing for me will be around 5 or 6 months because thats when she comes over for christmas vacation in new york and then my guess is the other will be around 7 or 8 months and I head down to connecticut. Luckily its not to far away lol.

NOt sure if Im even going to get one, most people I know live 1200 km away:cry:

dont think i will get one either... unless friends at work decide to do it. Not sure how common that is.

My husband has hinted to me that there is a shower in the making but he won't tell me when. The shower for my first child was thrown when I was 7 months. It was totally unexpected!

I had mine bang on 7 months
I decided on the day myself. I thought it was the perfect time to have 1.
Not 2 early but still gives ya enough time to sort out what ya have and what ya still need to get

I love thesa things there fab i hope i can have one of thesa one day soon
they have some great stuff for thesa showers on ebay girls,

they have lots of funny games they also have thesa little tiny dummies that you put in a frozen ice cup and the people who get them has to melt theres first to get the dummy out using only there mouth and they win a prize i think theres a little more to it than that Lol but there quite good for the guests

xx

My mom and sisters are having one for me in my 7th month. I cant wait!!

i asked about traveling during pregnancy and was given the ok to travel as long as its before 34 weeks. we made arrangements today to visit in-laws later this month and MIL said she will throw a shower when we get there! im stoked! i'll be around 30-31 weeks then, so in the 7th month of pregnancy.

Thanks ladies! That's about what I was thinking - 6-7 months along. Found out my family is throwing one too, fun! We are the same as kellysays2u - the families are far enough apart that mine didn't want to travel to his...

My doctor said don't travel more than an hour from home after 32 weeks...I travel frequently for work by car and I think he was getting nervous that they would have me 3 1/2 hours away by car when I was 34 weeks or something. So, I know for sure I have to do both showers before 32 weeks.

Awwww :( How come I never hear about people having Baby Showers in the UK.

i'm planning on having mine in my 8th month..
just since, i was gonna do december or january, but it'll be hard for people with christmas coming or having just gone... the friends of mine throwing it said financially it'll be easier for them to organize if there's some time after christmas to get back into the swing of things with no money LOL

Hmph, I highly doubt I'll get one, the Swiss dont' do anything celebratory when it comes to babies... :( :(
:cry: Maybe if I'm lucky my parents'll do me a lil one when i go home at xmas... so just over 6 months... fx

I had no idea that it was not common in Europe! Thank you ladies for enlightening me. I'm in N. America so that explains why it isn't a common thread on this board...makes sense now. :)

Thanks to the ladies who responded on theirs being in the 7-8 month range...sounds like we are on target then to do the 7th month. Now I just have to register....:dohh:

That's just what I was thinking! I don't think I've ever heard of a baby shower in the UK :nope:

Me neither although a friend of mine went to one a few weeks ago but thats the only one in the UK I've heard of.

Might hint to MIL about having one :happydance:

BTW What do you do at a baby shower? Who do you invite? :blush:

That's just what I was thinking! I don't think I've ever heard of a baby shower in the UK :nope:

Me neither although a friend of mine went to one a few weeks ago but thats the only one in the UK I've heard of.

Might hint to MIL about having one :happydance:

BTW What do you do at a baby shower? Who do you invite? :blush:

Hi there...we usually have some finger foods including a nice baby cake (one decorated with pink/blue/yellow and maybe also some little baby booties or pacifiers - just depends on the person what design/style).

We also play maybe 1-2 games - depending on what you have decided to do, things like "guess the baby's name" or "guess the baby's gender" or things that are like baby bingo...something like that.

We also spend time just talking to the expectant mother - asking her how she's feeling, etc, and hearing about the nursery or baby or doctor's visits, etc.

Then we open the gifts that guests bring - what people bring ranges based on their budget, creativity, etc. Everything from diapers to clothes to toys to nursery items! Most people register at a local store and that way people know what the couple is using/prefers.

The invite list varies greatly. I plan to just invite close family and friends - not more than 15-20 people (we have a large family). Some people invite more, some less.

There are lots of websites on planning baby showers, too, if you want to see other ideas!

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the info hun I might speak to my friend who went to a baby shower and she can give me some ideas too :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->