Baby size

flippityflop

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I have a growth scan tomorrow as I have a high BMI. I suspect that I'll be told that baby is measuring about the right size, but just wondered if you ladies who have had/ are having bigger babies were shocked when you found out the size? I don't think I'm particlalrly big or small. My FH was 34 at 32 weeks.

Looking forward to seeing my LO tomorrow!

I was surprised to find my girly is big this week, I booked in as I felt she had had a bit of a spurt. FH was measuring 36 ish at 33 weeks. From her growth scan she's currently about 6lb 4 with an estimated weight of 9 - 10lbs at delivery.

There are a few possible issues but otherwise she seems perfectly healthy - just big x GL for your scan, they don't look comfy at this point!

yes i was shocked.

30wks 4lb 4
36 wks 8.12
38 wks 9,7
39 10lb :shock:

sometimes they are inaccurate so thats me hoping its only 7lb lol

i had a growth scan at 35 week's and he was weighing in at 6.14. then i had another growth scan at 39 week's and is was weighing in at 8.6.xxxx

I had a growth scan at 34+5 weeks and estimated weight was 5lb 8.5oz so not too big (about right) however my FH is always around 3 weeks more than it should be.

With last pregnancy they told me baby was around 8lb at 36 weeks, he arrived at 37 weeks and was only 7lb 2.5oz so they don't always get it right also with the pregnancy before that one they said baby was a good normal size but she arrived at 38 weeks and was only 5lb so smaller than expected!!

I had a growth scan with my dd and they predicted she would be 7lbs at her due date. She was born 10 dayls late at 7lb 13oz so I thought that was a pretty accurate estimate, she prob was around 7lb on her due date!

I didn't gt a growth scan with ds and my mw predicted from palpating my bump that he would weigh around the same and he was 7lb 10 oz! I was amazed that she was so right!

So far this little munchkin has been measuring a week or 2 behind, but mw isn't worried as my other 2 weren't big, so guessing this one will be around the same. I would be very shocked if it weighed over 8lb!

I have heard that growth scans can be very innaccurate which my hosp claim is why they no longer do them routinely - only if needed. My hosp print out an individual graph thing that the mw plots your fundal measurements on - my baby is following the 50th centile line. This is based on your bmi and weight of any previous babies, I dunno if all hospitals do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->