Baby sleeping bag

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by bonbon, Dec 9, 2009.

1. bonbon

bonbon Mum to Seb born nov09

Just want reassurance that I am not going 2suffocate my baby! .... He is 5wks old and weight 11lb3 and the bag says from 10lb but I'm worried that he will wiggle down?!
    I want to use it as he wiggles his legs so much that he kicks his blanket off and ends up cold! I have tried wrapping it under the mattress but he wtill wiggles free so I think the bag is the answer... I'm just paranoid that he will wiggle down into that and he moves around!!
    What do u think?
    X bonnie

2. angelmummy

angelmummy Mum of 2 boys & 1 angel

hi hun, if you mean the grobag type things then they are made so that lo cannot wriggle down inside as their arms are through the arm holes at each side and are either fastened with zips or poppers so they are perfectly safe. i used one for my ds for 2.5 years (he is now 3) and have just put my baby in one at 11 weeks old and he is 14 lb. i feel a lot more safe that he is the bag than with sheets and blankets as they can get stuck under sheets and blankets but the bag moves with them and they cannot slip down as long as they are over the recommended weight on the bag. hth.

marie x

3. bonbon

bonbon Mum to Seb born nov09

Thanks Marie, I can go to sleep now!!

Zzzzzzzzz xx