Baby sleeping bags

Bun87

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've heard conflicting advice about using sleeping bags for baby and wanted to see what others will be doing. Some people have said you shouldn't use the sleeping bags until baby is 12 weeks at least, others have said it's fine. I have a few 0-6 bags so assumed it was fine to use them from newborn. Has anyone else heard otherwise? We will be using a moses basket downstairs during the day so will just use blankets then as well be keeping an eye on baby then. It was during the night we were planning on using the bags incase bubs kicks his/her blankets off and gets chilly! Any advice greatly appreciated :) x

The only rule ive heard about sleeping bags is that babe needs to be 8lbs+

The only rule ive heard about sleeping bags is that babe needs to be 8lbs+

Ahh yes, I've seen the weight guidelines on the labels. Mw reckons we got an 8lber in my belly so should be fine if that's the case! X

We swaddled for the first few weeks with DS 1, figured he was used to sleeping a cramped up....but once he started bursting out from his swaddle like the incredible hulk (about 6/7 weeks) we switched to a sleeping bag. Just have to ensure they fit snuggly under the arms.

I used one from birth with my last one but he was 8lb.14oz, with my first i never knew they existed! I intend on using them again this time straight away :)

I think it's just the weight of baby you need to worry about otherwise they're fab!

I used one for my DD and plan on doing the same til this one is too big for them. They never wake up because they're cold and I just love them. They are so much cheaper now too, when my daughter was a baby (7 years ago) they were so expensive. I think the only thing I've seen on them is that the baby needs to be 8lb like others have said on here.

Yep there is a minimum weight which will be on the label. You just need to be sure the top of the bag can't ride up over their head. Personally I didn't use it while he was in Moses basket as the bag was too big and bulky in there. But my son grew out his basket and into cotbed at 8 weeks. I think they are brilliant.

I emailed the Gro Company last week. They said

Thank you for your recent enquiry. A Grobag baby sleep bag can be used on your baby from birth as long as your baby weighs a minimum of 8lbs 8oz if your baby is smaller than this then we would advise you to use something like a swaddle of alternative until your baby is the correct weight for a Grobag baby sleep bag.

We hope that this information is of assistance to you.

As the others have said, just make sure baby is above the recommended weight and that their head is big enough to not let the bag rise up over their face. I have some which fitted DS from birth (he was 9lb 15oz) but others which were too big until he was a few weeks old, even though he was supposedly above the weight range.

Thanks ladies, really appreciate all of the advice and now know what to look for! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->